cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to Print MSDS from CVD1 at time of PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to print the MSDS at the time of shipment say after PGI but shipping order is getting terminated but if i mention email address and communication method as INT  in Customer master I am able to send the MSDS via email which shows no error in CVD1- I am not sure for customer who wants to receive MSDS  hard copy at time of shipment what specific setting i need to mention.. any help is appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gopi,

Automatic shipping is configured to send msds via email without human intervention. If you require it as a hard copy, ask ur customer to print it out or you print it and send it which doesnt make sense actually.

To make a hard copy print, goto txn CG50, select the report and print from Menu or open the MSDS and print it at your designated printer and mail it.

check also the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/9a/a5fdc84e4911d3940a080009b98822/content.htm?frame...

Explain clearly what is your issue and what is the designated output you are looking for !!

Regards

Dhinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dhinesh,

Thank you for your response. This should be a standard practice to send MSDS
along with shipping document such as BOL, therefor I have configured Out put
type SDB in Delivery which get triggered at PGI than report goes to CVD1 and
based on preferences it mail or Print my question was when I mention Customer
Email address and communication method in Customer master I can mail the MSDS
just after PGI automatically but if I don’t mention Email address I assume
system should print and it should go to my spool.

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gopi,

The shipping reason consists of the following elements:

- Reason

The following reasons for shipping could exist:

Shipping triggered from Sales and Distribution (SD_CALL) if automatic shipping of a material safety data sheet is required

Subsequent shipping (SUB_CALL) if the SAP system has generated a new main version for a report as the result of a relevant change

Manual shipping or print job (MAN_CALL or PRINT_CALL) if you want to react to a customer request directly by e-mail or mail

Reason type

The reason type allows you to subdivide the shipping reason more exactly. For shipping triggered by Sales, you can differentiate between triggering by delivery (reason type DELIVERY) and by order (reason type ORDER).

To send docs such as BOL, you would print it. Same way, use the PRINT_CALL for that function.

Dhinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gopi

you can get output MSDS Hard copy in Shipping Process , by defining Output type condition records in Shipping process

Use T.Code vv21 and select output type SDB

Select Partner Function SR - Material Safety Data Sheet Receiptent

Select Medium :1 (Print Out put)

Select Date /Time : 4 Send immediately when save the application

Once you define this , Go to Logistics process VL01N / VT01N and go to Extra Tab >>> Delivery Ouyput>>> Header >>> Select the define partner function.

Balajee

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gopi

in most cases the set up is like this: any MSDS is print on some "central printer" and the dispatched via mail to the customer. If you add additional data to the customer data you can decide by customer that the MSDS is dispatched by eMail This type of commuinication is now used more and more as the you can send in our days now MSDS of size 2 MB or greater per eMail without a problem. But daily practise shows that the eMail option is not a safe one. The reason is: is the email adress still valid? I not not you are "out of compliance" to a certain extent as you must make sure in most countries that the customer receives a MSDS. This gives rise of trouble in daily work. But there is a clear benefit: no paper is used; no costs related to that. A lot of approaches exists to deal with this problem. Any approach is a compny specific one.

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Balajee,

Thank You very much for your response.  my error is past through the Out put determination where I have mentioned to Condition record in VV21 which give me Delivery Item Out put which is green, The issue is at  T code CVD1 Level (if out put is failed at Delivery it does not even make it to CVD1)

When shipping order is created and system run the back ground job - RCVDDISP and RCVDVEN  which result in error only for Communication type "LET" where as if Communication type is INT ( which is coming from Customer master) goes through.

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello C.B,

My issue is more look like related to WWI server, I am getting an error for doc type SBE Gen Failed for only customer for whom I am trying to send MSDS as normal print out where is document is created and status set to completed in doc type SBE for customer to choose to have MSDS via Email.

When I check log file on server I see the error msg -

**** ERROR file opened at 20140209 093340 Central Standard Time, SAP-REL 720,0,421 RFC-VER 3 1403100 MT-SL

T:660 Error in program 'C:\WWI\WwiSvcU.exe': <* RfcDispatch [12] : returns 2:RFC_EXCEPTION.

I am not sure how system is able to write back in SBE if communication type is Email where as it fails if communication type is "LET"

Following setting exist at server -

Default Printer on WWI server,

Convert Printer Exist at server

Word time out is set to - X (.ini File)

Service is running -WwiSvcU.exe

Since Document is not saved in doc type SBE is see incorrect status in T code - CG5Z- (only for Print)

Is system is trying to Print and than save in SBE ??

Not sure what could be going wrong  ??

Thank You,

Gopi

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gopi

did you have prepared the "LET" scenario in customizing? The story is like this on high level:

a.) in case you have INT: data and documents are dispatched to WWI server: result is a final report which is processed on WWI server to get pdf file; this file is coming back to SAP and then used in the "INT" communication

b.) in case you have "LET" the final report is of "WWI" type; may be SBE customizing set up is not correct; WwiSvcU.exe seems to be the  "unicode "related version of WWI (e.g. http://www.consolut.com/en/s/sap-ides-access/d/s/doc/YY-EHS_SR_220_30)

C.B.

PS: do you use WWI in "full" Unicode mode ? (RFC connection and customizing ?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello CB,

Thank You very much. There was multiple fold - We have Full Unicode mode RFC connection and customizing for WWI .

This issue was resolved via -

Re installing PDF reader on WWI serve by Downgrading to 9.2 version as oppose to XI

Changed the RFC which was not reading the error file from WWI server

Changed some more setting at D COM

We could not understand why PDF version was an issue but this seems to be working now.

Thank You for your help.

Gopi