cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Hana Studio release 70 issues

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

CTRL-F keyboard shortcut for Find/Replace missing.  Not a huge issue obviously.

Perhaps others experiencing issues (and any relevant workarounds) with Hana Studio version 70 can log here?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I too was missing the Ctrl-F shortcut.  However I went into Window->Preferences and then under General ->Keys. I filtered for Find and Replace. It showed in the configuration as mapped to Ctrl+F.  However I sent ahead and pressed Restore Command.  That worked and the menu option now shows the keyboard shortcut and works with it just fine.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Many thanks for the swift help, really useful to know. 

For others be aware my Scheme set as "Modeler", I had to change to "Default" for the restore to take effect.

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Decision Tables - Studio dumps corrupting decision table design time artifact

Studio Rev 73.  Similar to previous issue with decision table and "SWT" error, studio dumped whilst editing DT.

Relaunch studio, and now the decision table artifact is corrupted as shown by screenshot below when trying to open DT.  No other option I can see than having to rebuild DT, unless there is a way to edit the XML file to recover?

Come on SAP, decision tables been available a while now, regular dumps whilst editing does not make a great developer experience, please continue to focus on Studio stability.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Decision tables - Studio dumps occasionally when setting dynamic values

Studio Rev 73.  The wonderfully sophisticated decision table dynamic value editor on occasion causes terminal dumps of studio after entering a dynamic value with ALT + ENTER.

P.S. More documentation on dynamic editor and values (i.e. syntax, expressions, examples) would be welcome - we get 1 line from  the developer guide - "c. Write the expression, for example, PRICE-(PRICE*0.1).".

Many thanks.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Issue with activating HDBDD due to "invalid view"

Problem experienced in V1.7.70 and now in V1.7.72

Made a change to a HDBDD (added extra column to entity).

Failure upon activation of .HDBDD, complaining about xdodata service as it consumes what is regarding as an invalid view.

Nothing wrong with the view - validates fine, simple change of semantic description (add space) and reactivate confirms calculation view valid.

In order to resolve:

• Delete both the calculation view design time model and xsodata
  • Synchronise with repository
  • Activate the .HDBDD
  • Restore the calculation view and xsodata

Slightly painful and instills a fear of making changes to the .HDBDD - not a pleasant developer experience now all my "eggs" in one basket to centralise definition within a semantically rich model.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Issue with cyclical runtime dependency when trying to activate CDS

When trying to activate a CDS .hdbdd artifact I get the error given below.  Looking at the trace file I don't see any cyclical dependency, which I thought may refer to associations where relationship connection may follow 1>2>3>1.

Indeed, when I remove all entity declaration from the .HDBDD artifact and try to activate I still get the same error. 

It would appear I cannot force activation on my .HDBDD as this would delete entities (tables) that attribute views refer to, thus breaking them and also breaking analytic views that refer to attribute views?  I would have expected that I could force activation and the "broken" information views could be maintained.

To check the .HDBDD syntax, declared entities and associations I simply recreated the .HDBDD in full in a different schema - activated successfully first time.

Any ideas gratefully received

"exception 40165:

repository/base/activation/activator.cpp:662

Repository: Cyclic runtime dependency detected.;Found circular dependency of runtimes. For details see indexserver trace file."

From the indexserver trace file

Object dependencies:

digraph G {

0 -> 1; 0 -> 2; 0 -> 3; 0 -> 4; 0 -> 5; 0 -> 6; 0 -> 7; 0 -> 8; 0 -> 9; 0 -> 10; 0 -> 11; 0 -> 12; 0 -> 13; 0 -> 14; 0 -> 15; 0 -> 16; 0 -> 17; 0 -> 18; 0 -> 19; 0 -> 20; 0 -> 21; 0 -> 22; 0 -> 23;

21 -> 24; 21 -> 25;

20 -> 26; 20 -> 27;

17 -> 28; 17 -> 29; 17 -> 25;

19 -> 30; 19 -> 27;

15 -> 31;

16 -> 32; 16 -> 25;

7 -> 8;

6 -> 16; 6 -> 17; 6 -> 18; 6 -> 19; 6 -> 20; 6 -> 21;

2 -> 16; 2 -> 17; 2 -> 18; 2 -> 19; 2 -> 20; 2 -> 21;

12 -> 33;

33 -> 35; 33 -> 13;

25 -> 36;

27 -> 37;

13 -> 34;

0 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.data/MC.hdbdd\n phase: A/A"];

8 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.models/AN_ACHIEVEMENT_BY_PILOT_MISSION.analyticview\n phase: R/R"];

9 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.models/AN_ACHIEVEMENT_BY_PILOT_MISSION_test.analyticview\n phase: R/R"];

21 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.models/AN_MISSION_AVG_ALT.analyticview\n phase: R/R"];

20 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.models/AN_MISSION_AVG_SPEED.analyticview\n phase: R/R"];

17 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.models/AN_MISSION_MAX_ALT.analyticview\n phase: R/R"];

19 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.models/AN_MISSION_MAX_SPEED.analyticview\n phase: R/R"];

15 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.models/AN_MISSION_MESSAGECATEGORYID_RANKING.analyticview\n phase: R/R"];

16 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.models/AN_MISSION_MIN_ALT.analyticview\n phase: R/R"];

18 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.models/AN_MISSION_MIN_SPEED.analyticview\n phase: R/R"];

10 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.models/AT_ACHIEVEMENT.attributeview\n phase: R/R"];

7 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.models/AT_ACHIEVEMENT_CONDITION_MESSAGE.attributeview\n phase: R/R"];

6 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.models/AT_MESSAGE_CATEGORY_ID.attributeview\n phase: R/R"];

2 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.models/AT_MESSAGE_ID.attributeview\n phase: R/R"];

14 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.models/AT_MISSION_LOG.attributeview\n phase: R/R"];

11 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.models/AT_MISSION_LOG_ACHIEVEMENT.attributeview\n phase: R/R"];

12 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.models/AT_MISSION_LOG_ACHIEVEMENT_GROUP.attributeview\n phase: R/R"];

3 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.models/AT_PILOT_MISSION.attributeview\n phase: R/R"];

4 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.models/AT_SCENARIO_TERRAIN.attributeview\n phase: R/R"];

5 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.models/AT_SPATIAL_SHAPE.attributeview\n phase: R/R"];

33 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.models/CV_ACHIEVEMENT_BY_PILOT_MISSION.calculationview\n phase: R/R"];

34 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.models/CV_ACHIEVEMENT_PILOT_SCORE.calculationview\n phase: R/R"];

25 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.models/CV_MISSION_STATS_ALT.calculationview\n phase: R/R"];

27 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.models/CV_MISSION_STATS_SPEED.calculationview\n phase: R/R"];

35 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.models/DT_ACHIEVEMENT_PILOT_SCORE.hdbruldec\n phase: R/R"];

22 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.procedures/get_mission_distance_travelled.hdbprocedure\n phase: R/R"];

23 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.procedures/get_mission_nextId.hdbprocedure\n phase: R/R"];

13 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.procedures/get_mission_pilot_achievement.hdbprocedure\n phase: R/R"];

1 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.procedures/reset_missionLogs.hdbprocedure\n phase: R/R"];

24 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.services/missionAvgAlt.xsodata\n phase: R/R"];

26 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.services/missionAvgSpeed.xsodata\n phase: R/R"];

29 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.services/missionMaxAlt.xsodata\n phase: R/R"];

28 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.services/missionMaxAltitude.xsodata\n phase: R/R"];

30 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.services/missionMaxSpeed.xsodata\n phase: R/R"];

31 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.services/missionMessageCategoryIdRanking.xsodata\n phase: R/R"];

32 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.services/missionMinAlt.xsodata\n phase: R/R"];

36 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.services/missionStatsAlt.xsodata\n phase: R/R"];

37 [label="hpl.missioncontrol.services/missionStatsSpeed.xsodata\n phase: R/R"];

subgraph "cluster_Business Rules runtime" {label="Business Rules runtime"; 35;}

subgraph "cluster_CDS runtime" {label="CDS runtime"; 0;}

subgraph "cluster_OData service runtime" {label="OData service runtime"; 24;26;29;28;30;31;32;36;37;}

subgraph "cluster_Procedure Runtime" {label="Procedure Runtime"; 22;23;13;1;}

subgraph "cluster_colviews-runtime" {label="colviews-runtime"; 8;9;21;20;17;19;15;16;18;10;7;6;2;14;11;12;3;4;5;}

subgraph "cluster_sqlproc-runtime" {label="sqlproc-runtime"; 33;34;25;27;}

}

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

With SPS07 70 it would seem there are scenarios when activation of CDS .hdbdd changes is only successful where no impact on "dependent" objects, even when trying to force activation.

In trying to resolve or determine root of "cyclical dependency" I ended up taking a file system copy of information models and then deleting from within Studio.  Activation of CDS .HDBDD successful.  Restoring and reactivating attribute and analytic views successful.

I then started working through restore and activation of calculation views, performing one restore and activate at a time following by "new blank line" change to .HDBDD and activate to check.  I hit the "cyclical dependency" issue

See the "dependency graph log" from the index server trace.  The problem lies with calculation view 32.  If I delete calc view 32 I can activate the .HDBDD.  If I restore calc view 32 the view can be successfully activated and gives expected results in preview, however I cannot activate the .HDBDD.

Calc view (script) 32 calls hdbprocedure 21, which in turn performs a select from the column view of calc view 31 (graphical).  Note hdbprocedure 21 and calc view 31 are active and .HDBDD can be activated successfully when these 2 artifacts are present.  It is only upon activation of  calc view 32 that causes issue with the .HDBDD.

0 -> 1; 0 -> 2; 0 -> 3; 0 -> 4; 0 -> 5; 0 -> 6; 0 -> 7; 0 -> 8; 0 -> 9; 0 -> 10; 0 -> 11; 0 -> 12; 0 -> 13; 0 -> 14; 0 -> 15; 0 -> 16; 0 -> 17; 0 -> 18; 0 -> 19; 0 -> 20; 0 -> 21;

16 -> 22; 16 -> 23;

15 -> 24; 15 -> 25;

14 -> 26; 14 -> 27; 14 -> 23;

13 -> 28; 13 -> 25;

20 -> 29;

12 -> 30; 12 -> 23;

4 -> 17;

6 -> 11; 6 -> 12; 6 -> 13; 6 -> 14; 6 -> 15; 6 -> 16;

7 -> 11; 7 -> 12; 7 -> 13; 7 -> 14; 7 -> 15; 7 -> 16;

8 -> 31;

31 -> 21;

23 -> 33;

25 -> 34;

21 -> 32;

From log I only see a linear dependency with 32>21>31, no cyclical dependency.  In any instance I'm of opinion you should be able to force through .HDBDD changes regardless of any dependency, with any dependency shown in a more developer friendly format that current example given above, and information views shown as broken if there is an issue.

This appears a bug in the activation process of the .HDBDD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Were you able to resolve this ? We are facing similar issues while modifying procedures that are referenced in other procedures.

In my case :

I am trying to modify the logic in Procedure A and this procedure is called from multiple procedures. When I try ro activate procedure A, I get the same cyclic dependency error.

Looks like this is a more generic error with activation and just limited to .HDBDD objects

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I have had a few issues around cyclical dependency, the most recent yesterday which involved the inability to activate a script calculation view which called procedures which in turn referenced a table type in a .HDBDD.  Selecting the calculation view, HDBDD and procedures and trying to activate them together didn't work, nor did forcing activation.  I commented out the call to procedures to get the activation of the .HDBDD through.

In my earlier posted example I had to work back through related objects, deleting to see which prevented .HDBDD activation, then activate .HDBDD and then restore the deleted artifacts.  Not nice.

I think the rules governing activation of .HDBDD are too strict, as activation can even fall foul of ODATA services consuming information model views which upset .HDBDD.

Did you product the graph as suggested in the indexserver trace?  Have you commented out recent changes made to Procedure A to see if you can activate?  Comment out all code?  Comment out reference to Procedure A one by one?  Any changes made to interface (in and out definitions) of Procedure A? 

Far more developer friendly if a graphical representation of dependency was available within Studio itself.

Grateful if Thomas Jung can comment on any awareness of issue internally.  I wonder if any changes to .HDBDD activation made an appearance in Rev.72?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, commenting out the call to procedures is not an option for us as we will have to do this in more than 25 procedures.

We converted all our .HDBDD to .hdbstructure and that took care of the cyclic dependencies.

thanks for your help.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Issue during activation of decision tables using analytic view in data foundation

System issue or user error?  SPS07 specific?

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

I was able to resolve by deleting the model and starting again from scratch - same process.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Unable to add spatial type (ST_GEOMETRY) columns to tables via .hdbtable or .hdbdd

As per title unable to add a spatial type column such as ST_GEOMETRY to a table via .hdbtable (setting sqlType = ST_GEOMETRY) or with .hdbdd which gives:

I do note that type ST_GEOMETRY or it's CDS equivalent is not mentioned in the Hana Developer's Guide (SPS07 1.0 27-11-2013).

I can however ALTER the table directly from the SQL console and add the spatial column type with specification of the SRID (spacial reference identifier) type (4326 - WSG84):

ALTER TABLE MYDEPOTS ADD (geolocation ST_POINT(4326));

Have I missed something, are the ST* types declarable in some way via these .hdb development artefacts or yet to be integrated (along with some way to specify the SRID)?

http://help.sap.com/hana/SAP_HANA_Spatial_Reference_en.pdf

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The Spacial data types are not yet supported in either of the repository based definition tools. They are planned to be added to HDBDD (CDS) in the future. I can't say if that will be SP8 or SP9 yet.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to know so I can proceed without need to backtrack.

I believe it is also the case that spatial types cannot be declared in SQLScript too, for example following fails:

declare lvGeo ST_POLYGON;

as does:

create local temporary table #test_table(pointFrom ST_GEOMETRY, pointTo ST_GEOMETRY );

Yet this create of global table type from the SQL console is successful:

CREATE COLUMN TABLE SpatialShapesFromTo(shapefrom ST_GEOMETRY, shapeto ST_GEOMETRY);

requiring a SELECT NEW ST_POLYGON() into a table variable of the table type.

Pity it's forcing me outside of the CDS.   As I'm unable to declare as local variable like other types it makes working with geometry A value from result set 1 together with geometry B value from result set 2, like computing distance rather painful and clunky. 

Look forward to enhancements with SPS8/9.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Analytic view - unable to select input parameter for data foundation filter

On occasion I have tried to select an input parameter from the value list for a filter but clicking on the desired parameter does not enable the selection or any response.  All I can do is cancel out from the dialog.  Deleting and recreating the input parameters doesn't help.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

For AWS SPS07 Hana Developer grateful for a confirmation the screenshot shows the the prescribed way of terminating the statistics service (as opposed to any commands issued via SSH for example).  This will be a useful confirmation to all those experiencing system catalog freezes:

Thanks.

EDIT - I don't think so, whether via Administration pane in screenshot above via SQL console:

alter system stop service('<your server>',3<instancenumber>05) immediate;

given that the Hana administration guide indicates that the service is "typically restarted":

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

OK - Found this, instructions work for me to deactivate statistics server on Hana AWS Developer SPS07:

http://help.sap.com/openSAP/HANA1/openSAP_HANA1-1_Catalog_Issue_in_SAP_HANA_Studio.pdf

Thanks to Thomas Jung who posted originally

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hana System Catalog - Pending - Fetching children issue (Win x.64)

The dreaded "catalog pending - fetching children" issue, reported by several users in version 6.X (), has returned for Hana Developer SPS07.  Disheartening is an understatement.

As advised in the linked thread, executing the following in an SQL console does not complete/return a result set.

SELECT * FROM PUBLIC.SCHEMAS;

or

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM PUBLIC.SCHEMAS;

Note my AWS instance sizing is m2.4xlarge. Navigating my SAP Hana repository or the Hana Systems Content/Provisioning/Security folders are fine.  Restarting Hana Studio does not resolve.

Just checking linked thread for statistics server fix, originally stated by Wolfgang Auer on 27/09/2013:

"the root cause is that with the stat server as a seperate process the query on schemas is getting distributed. With SP7 we move the catalog of stat service into the main index server.

Like this the current situation can not occur any more.

For the moment the only workaround will be to give the stat server enough memory so the distributed query can be processed.

If you don't need the stat server at all you can remove it from the topology.

BUT this will break you back up history!"

As supplied by Wilfgang the original workaround went something like this (NOTE FOR SPS6😞

alter system alter configuration ('statisticsserver.ini','SYSTEM') set('statisticsserver_general','editing')='yes' with reconfigure;

;

alter system alter configuration ('statisticsserver.ini','SYSTEM') set('memorymanager','allocationlimit')='20%';

;

alter system alter configuration ('statisticsserver.ini','SYSTEM') unset ('statisticsserver_general','editing') with reconfigure;

;

select * from m_inifile_Contents where section = 'memorymanager'

;

alter system stop service('<your server>',3<instance
number>05)
immediate

;

=>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WAIT SOME TIME >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

select * from m_service_statistics

;

select * from public.schemas

;

Is this workaround still relevant for SPS7 given that "With SP7 we move the catalog of stat service into the main index server"?

I am offering SAP access to my AWS instance and can be contacted by phone/email, happy to help in any way to get this issue investigated.

Many thanks.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add, I left Hana Studio open with the "Pending - Fetching children" running.  Upon return approximately 1 hour later the Catalog contents now show.  So it does complete, just a little slow.

Now that the Catalog artefact contents are available the 2 SELECTs above complete with immediate success.

Edit: Added statisticsserver log except, don't know if this helps or I'm jumping to conclusions or false assumptions, but StatisticsServerException occurring frequently.

At this point I'm unsure whether to continue developing on this instance or bin it and spin up a new instance from an earlier AMI?

Note this "pending - fetching children" issue has persisted across releases 6X and 7X of both Studio and Hana AWS Developer, and with two separate (high performance) PCs (Win7 x64).

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I still disable the Statistics server in my SP7 system as well.  If nothing else it removes the need to allocate resources to this extra process, which can be helpful on AWS where memory is often running low.  I've not encountered this problem since disabling the Statistics server.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

It could be an option to have the statistics server disabled as default in next release of AWS Developer?

Can I please clarify the process for disabling the statistics server?  For the current runtime instance I assume I can stop it temporarily via Administration Console > Landscape > statisticsserver > right-click > stop?

On a permanent basis for AWS instance via Administration Console > Configuration > nameserver.ini > statisticsserver > active and set the system value to false?  (Note default is false and my statistics server currently runs).

EDIT: The above I understand is for the new statistics server architecture, where it is integrated into the nameserver process, as per:

SAP HANA Academy: Monitoring SAP HANA - New Statistics Server - YouTube

I understand this "pending" issue is with the legacy statistics server architecture, thus just need to stop as per my first screenshot?  Much appreciate a clarification on disabling permanently.

Many thanks again, appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon-Paul,

i have tried your method of stopping the unnecessary services (sql snippet code,statistics, name, index, etc.). only stopping it through the daemon actually worked. the downside is the ugly red button that your instance acquires which i must admit is more annoying than the yellow triagle (silly me getting hung up on colors and shapes, just like a kid). in any event, for now i have decided to put up with 'fetching children' as the instance becomes fully operational even though it does take time (15-30 minutes). once those annoying status and instance messages, SP70 works like a charm and even with low (<40GiB) RAM delivers. i wish SAP bumped it up to 256 or at least 128 and i'm assuming i have your vote.

thanks for putting SAP feet to the fire on this.

rgds,

greg

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

Not putting any feet to the fire, just logging issues as I find them, with workarounds and updates posted, for the benefit of all.

Nevertheless, considering the issues an active statistics server is acknowledged to inflict upon an AWS instance as far back as last summer, unfortunate it was not disabled in latest available version.  However this is coming, which is great.

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/hana/blog/2014/02/03/sap-hana-developer-edition-v1770

YIkes, you tried my method of stopping the statistics server?  What method?    I was hoping an approved method would be confirmed as my earlier post hinted at uncertainty.

I now only use M2.4XLARGE, and occasional statiistics server issues aside, which I will disable permanantly when I'm sure how, all is super, loving all the learning SPS07 has to offer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon-Paul,

I thought I could do it by going to daemon.ini and changing the setting there, but it doesn't seem the best way to proceed as it does display the annoying red dot and keeps one service down permanently. At this point, I'm leaning toward simply restarting the database instance even though it is pretty time-consuming. I believe it does remove the 'fetching children' message, but I haven't run a full cycle test yet.

thx,

greg

former_member182500
Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, but only the last step of restart seems sufficient, at least with my instance.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Occasional sluggish/laggy performance in SQLScript Editor (Win x.64)

Very occasionally I have experienced sluggish performance specifically when maintaining a stored procedure in the SQLScript editor.

There can be a delay of a second or two before there is key entry response in the editor, with the Studio Window titlebar indicating "Not Responding" momentarily.

If I close the SQLscript editor and continue development with other artefacts all is ok.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

We are aware of the SQLScript editor bad performance on first startup.  It has been fixed internally already and this fix will hopefully be delivered with Rev71 in a few weeks.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas.

Currently am experiencing continuous bad performance with the SQLScript editor, no matter if I close/reopen the SQLScript editor or shutdown/relaunch Studio. 

You mentioned a fix for Rev71, I assume this is a Studio fix?  Can we expect Rev71 Studio to be available for download or perhaps an update via software site?

Thanks.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The fix is in the public version. Not sure if it went out in 71 or 72. I know that doesn't help the dev center users however since it hasn't been updated yet. 

A few options

1. The HANA Studio is now available as an update site on tools.hana.ondemand.com as well:

SAP Development Tools for Eclipse

This site should be continually updated as new revisions are released. It is currently Rev72.

2. Wait for the developer center download link to be updated.  I know the team owning that site is working on a Rev72 updated server which is nearly completed.  They should have updated links soon.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info and link - after adding the up[date site and opting to update "SAP Hana Tools" I got the following, which allows me to part progress (update a subset of components).  I'm rather hesitant to introduce further potential issue with Hana Studio unless getting informed advice - if developer centre link soon to be updated I may wait for the complete install.  Many thanks again.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I understand why you are getting this message. In the Studio we have now split the "Solutions" into smaller pieces. If you were to run the complete Studio update, this wouldn't be a problem. It is only a conflict since you are taking an existing Studio install and using the pure Eclipse Update Site functionality.

I would suggest instead doing a clean Eclipse installation and then updating via the update site as described in the instructions on the site:

To install SAP HANA Tools, proceed as follows:

1. Get an Eclipse installation which is compatible with the tools to be installed.
  2. In Eclipse, choose in the menu bar Help > Install New Software...
  3. In the Install dialog, enter the update site URL https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/kepler in the Work with entry field.

If you just wanted to test the updated version you could do an Eclipse install into separate directory than your HANA Studio and update it.  Its safe to run multiple versions in parallel.  I personally have about 6 different versions of HANA Studio installed at any given time.

Or once you have upgraded to Rev 72 via the Studio installer package you should be able to use the update site moving forward as the solution granularity will match.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

6, my goodness!  Thanks so much for taking the time to provide options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had same screen, I did install the proposed updates for ADT and SAPUI5.

then went to SMP and got Rev73 and tried to update existing installation which was on rev70.

However I got error that showed me newly installed ADT components as incompatible and upgrade failed.

I ended up installing clean Rev73 installation

additional installation of ADT and SAPUI5 on top of rev73 was ok

Installation of River Plugin was also ok

I also noted that overall speed when reading catalog or performing other steps in general in HANA studio got faster.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Issue with SQLScript editor poor performance still in rev.72, apparently workaround is to turn spellchecker off / close properties box and restart studio.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3523701

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

XSJS service - mix of tabs and spaces (Win x.64)

When editing an xsjs service and using a mix of tabs and spaces (to manually prettify layout for example) error messages indicating "Mixed spaces and tabs".

Small yet irritating, any convenient workaround?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can disable the JSLint checks for this project if these messages bother you. It isn't something new. I remember getting this on SP4 and SP5 as well.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, yes I had seen this issue in earlier versions too.  Resolved by:

A preferable option would be to just suppress this specific error, or have it flagged a warning instead, for example as an option here:

EmacsWiki: Smart Tabs

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm funny enough I never stumbled over this, but you're right:

As soon as I switch to the development perspective the key binding for CTRL+F vanished.

What I tried now (and this is not an official bug fix or whatever, just what I found just now) is to go into the preferences setting, global, key and clicked on [RESTORE DEFAULTS] once for every schema (Default, Modeler and Emacs).

After that, the key binding was back right there.

Let us know, if that works for you too.

- Lars