cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM Processes and Forms-WebDynpro search help not 'transfering' data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my current project we are implementing HCM Processes and Forms(Web Dynpro UI). Technical environment : EHP6, SP10.

In one of my forms, I have a field called 'New position'. Basically the manager will enter a new position number for an employee(its like a transfer process).

Now, for the position field I have to create a search help and in that only those position should be shown which is under the mangers org structure.

The standard search help from SAP_PA shows all positions(structural authorizations not working in that.).

So I used Web Dynpro search help and assigned the standard web dynpro component "PTM_POSITION_VH". The list of positions that its showing is perfect. But the problem is when I select a position from the list and click on transfer, the window is getting closed but the value is not getting populated in the form field.

Any ideas what might be going wrong..?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Saikat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saikat,

Please refer to SAP Note  838074..

Regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I checked this note and it seems like its related to IDOCs. I am not sure if this is related to HCM...can you kindly check once..?

Many thanks again.

Saikat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops... sorry for the typo.. exact note no. is 1838074

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Again spot on. Thanks a ton.

Regards,

Saikat

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

try like this

wd_comp_controller->help_listener->f4_context_element->set_attribute( name = '<HCMPF_FIELD_NAME>'
                                                                         value = <Value to be passed to HCMPF>).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Copy the component PTM_POSITION_VH into a Z component and add code at the end of method FILL_SELECTION of component controller to set attribute of context element listener-> f4_context_element with value selected.  listener->F4_ATTRIBUTE_INFO-name can be used as the name of the attribute.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks very much it worked.Absolutely spot on.

Closing this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj and Yugandhar,

Thanks for your answers on the transfer data thing. Now its transfering the selected value correctly. But I have hit another road block and so I am reopening this thread again.

The data is getting transferred correctly in the form field but after that in the debug mode I can see that the newly transferred data( the one that I selected from the search help) is not there, but the initial value is there as the value of that field.

Am i missing something guys..?

Many thanks in advance.

Saikat.

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if this approach helps..

Use this code in set_value_help_listener

for e.g to read effective date.

wd_this->help_listener->f4_context_element->get_attribute( EXPORTINGname = 'EFFECTIVE_DATE' IMPORTING value wd_this->gv_eff_date )

on the same lines to set the required fields set ....->set_attribute.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahir,

Yes I did that, but after the transfer the value was not reflecting in the subsequent round trips. But that too has been solved by the note that Manoj provided.

Thanks,

Saikat

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if you implemented the correct interfaces.

Refer to SAP documentation here:

http://help.sap.com/erp_hcm_ias_2013_02/helpdata/en/2c/e2811bbd0d488db483f510ae24c612/content.htm?fr...

As well as these resources :

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/HRABAP/Search/Index.htm

By

Regards.