cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulting application name: XSDataServer.exe

0 Kudos

Hi all,

after installing SP3 SP4 on Afaria server, every 1-2 days, the Afaria server returns this error:

The connection from the device still pending.

anyone has any suggestions about this?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

We've seen this after maintenance or patches have been applied to the SQL server. Your clients may even fail to connect and display a "server is suspended" message. Another cause that was already pointed out are network glitches that prevent your Afaria server from talking to the SQL server.

Work with your DBAs and server patching team to be notified when maintenance is going to happen.

The easiest way to recover is to stop the Afaria Client and Server services, open Task Manager and end any process that starts with XS, (i.e. XSDataServer.exe). If you have a farm, do this on all servers. Then start the Afaria Client and Server services. Then go to your Admin server and restart the Afaria API service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check more details on Afaria console logs.

did you check any Antivirus on system restrict running the exe?

0 Kudos

I find this error in the Afaria Server just before the crash:

XRS6008: ADO Data Access Error Occurred.  ADO Error:

Code = 0x80040e14

(Not a native OS error)

ADO Code meaning = IDispatch error #3092

Source = Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

Description = Invalid length parameter passed to the LEFT or SUBSTRING function.

ADO Error 1 of 1

Number      = 0x80040e14

Source      = Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

Description = Invalid length parameter passed to the LEFT or SUBSTRING function.

SQLState    = 42000

NativeError = 537

EXPLANATION: An error occurred while attempting to access the logging database connection. The NT/ADO error code in the Server Log or the Operating System Event Log may contain additional information about why the table could not be accessed. [DBAccess]

ACTIONS: Depending on the error information, you may need to take one of the following actions: 1) shut down and restart your server, or the database server; 2) reconfigure the database settings by re-running setup; or 3) reconfigure the database serve

XRS6004: Error Getting A_DEV_SUBSTVAR_VALUE Recordset EXPLANATION: The database recordset could not be populated. The NT/ADO error code in the Server Log may contain additional information about the failure. Logging may be disabled. [DBAccess]

ACTIONS: Depending on the error code, you may need to shut down and restart your server.  If the message recurs, you should contact your support representative for assistance.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you resolve this issue? i have the same error after upgrading to SP5

0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

I solved this issue by deleting the client that causing the problem and re-enrolling it, I realized it was a client that was causing the problem by looking into the error log of the server.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matteo

thanks for the response, which error log provided you with the information...?

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

The log that I used isn't by default on the server but I have started a SQL Profiler Trace on a Afaria DB and I saw that the error is appeared when one specific client try to connect to the Server, for this reason I have tried to re-enroll the client and this have solved the problem for me.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try to run this Sql query ?

Select DATABASEPROPERTYEX('Afaria','Collation')

Select DATABASEPROPERTYEX('msdb','Collation')

I've seen issues if the tempdb (msdb) database and the Afaria database are not running with the same collation

Br

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I running Afaria on SP5 and found error after instalation:

XRS6008: ADO Data Access Error Occurred.  ADO Error:

Code = 0x80004005

Unspecified error

ADO Code meaning = Unspecified error

Source = Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

Description = [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]Specified SQL server not found.

ADO Error 1 of 1

Number      = 0x80004005

Source      = Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

Description = [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]Specified SQL server not found.

SQLState    = 08001

NativeError = 6

EXPLANATION: An error

Faulting application name: XSDataServer.exe, version: 7.0.6620.0, time stamp: 0x53f414cb

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.22436, time stamp: 0x521eaa80

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x000ce723

Faulting process id: 0x178

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfe477c4337b4b

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Afaria\Bin\XSDataServer.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 0b9465b2-506b-11e4-bd25-0050569e005a

This instance of SQL Server stay 100% online, maybe the problem is on Afaria.

Afaria Server stop, working after restart the server.

Checked collation and match, documentation does not ask this need for msdb, only Afaria DB.

Thanks for any help!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you KNOW you're DB is running and Afaria says connection lost I'd look at the network (or firewalls) for troubleshooting.

BR

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Peter mentions, if you are seeing these errors in the Windows Event Viewer log, then you should investigate possible network issues between the Afaria and MSSQL server.

One thing you could test is by going to Start > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC) > System DSN tab. Then, do the following to test the data source:

1. Select SQL Server Afaria Log

2. Click Configure button

3. Click Next all the way until you get to Finish

4. Once you click the Finish button, you will be see a Test Data Source... button. Click the button to see if the test passes or fails.