cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Cloud for Customer integration with SAP ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ....

I’m looking for some informations about SAP Cloud for Customer integration with SAP ERP.

Specifically, I have to understand the relevance of PI during integration process between SAP ERP and SAP Cloud for Customer.

Starting from several demo videos in this area and reading the documentation in service.sap.com/cloud4customer I’ve noticed a relevant difference: Documentation released on August 2013 do not speak about PI how mandatory prerequisite for ERP system integration while documentation released on November 2013 make evidence about the existence of PI.

So my questions are:

1) Could anyone confirm me that PI is not a mandatory prerequisite for systems integration between SAP ERP and SAP Cloud4C? Our customer does not use PI.

2) can you suggest me what is the right technical documentation (specific for no PI existence scenario) regarding integration steps to follow  on service.sap.com/cloud4customer under November 2013

Thank you in advance .... Regards, Roberto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

PI or HANA Cloud Integration has to be used for ERP to Cloud for Customer Integration.

Other 3rd Party vendor integration platforms work as well, but for the 2 above there exists standard content / integration delivered by SAP.

Point to Point Integration will not be offered by SAP, but still can be done on project basis, but is definitely NOT recommended anymore.

Check here for Details:

Cheers,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias, thank you for your support. I mean that PI or HANA Cloud Integration are important for the integration. Into http://service.sap.com/cloud4customer under November 2013 there are only documents related on these platforms. But there is a  Technical Connectivity Guide for SAP Cloud Applications (document 😎 where SAP explains a point to point integration without PI or Hana Cloud. Into SWDC about the software components to download it's mandatory: COD_ERP_INT 6.00 But SAP says these XI Content patches are only relevant if you use SAP Netweaver PI integration. XI CONTENT BYD COD 3.0 XI CONTENT COD_ERP_INT 6.00 XI CONTENT COD_ERP_INT_IC 6.00 XI CONTENT SAP_BYD 2.40 So I'd like to know if Point To Point integration is really Not recommended anymore. Regards, Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Point to Point is really not recommended anymore since 1311 release.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

What are the desadvantages of using the point to point integration with ERP?

Br,

Niels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Systems tightly-coupled are not best practice. Best practice is having systems loosely-coupled. For many reasons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for your answer.

Can you give me just a few examples please?

Regards,

Niels

Answers (0)