Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am i the only one who's using Firefox 27? Sign on does not work

gaurav_chopra3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I searched for space for browsers and found this space so posting the question here.

From yesterday, I updated my firefox browser from 26 to 27.

I cannot sign in into SCN Network anymore from firefox.

Currently i am using internet explorer to type this question up for the community.

Am i the only one?

Regards,

Gaurav Chopra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

This kind of post should be posted at i have asked moderators to move your post at that space.

I am currently using Firefox 27 only and its working well for only. I have logged in here and replying to this thread.

You may clear all cache/cookies and close browser, open browser OR directly install Firefox 27 Download Firefox — Free Web Browser — Mozilla.

What error you see when you try to login in Firefox?

Please share snapshot.

PS: I am much conformable with chrome.

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Regards, Jitendra
9 REPLIES 9

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

This kind of post should be posted at i have asked moderators to move your post at that space.

I am currently using Firefox 27 only and its working well for only. I have logged in here and replying to this thread.

You may clear all cache/cookies and close browser, open browser OR directly install Firefox 27 Download Firefox — Free Web Browser — Mozilla.

What error you see when you try to login in Firefox?

Please share snapshot.

PS: I am much conformable with chrome.

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Regards, Jitendra

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I also faced a similar issue with chrome yesterday

Whenever I clicked on Log In nothing used to happen

But now everything works fine...

Don't know why it happened yesterday

Regards,

Vivek

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm having the same problem since I apply the update to Firefox v27...

I cannot sign on using certificate from sap.com

No error message, the page stays with a grey shade and the popup for validationg the certificate does open.

The certificate works for accesing the market place but not for SCN. I've cleared cache, history, cookies, disable popup blocker but it's still nor working

Regards

gaurav_chopra3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Well actually i think its the TLS security update which firefox did.

Which is good in general, But SAP SCN in general should be up to date. I mean HTTPS browser and other fully secured site.

Solution: I switched to chrome .

Not a big deal.

gC

0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

You're 100% true !

I've changed security.tls.version.max from 3 to 1 and SSO is back !

=> Security.tls.version.* - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

Thank you so much !

0 Kudos

Hi, Yves,

I've tried to follow your steps and updated FF26->27 in order to reporduce this issue.

I've noticed the change of the security.tls.version.max from 1 to 3 during the update.

The security.tls.version.min didn't change and stayed on 0

I've tried logging into SCN and it worked fine with the above setting.

I've then raised the security.tls.version.min to 1 and tried again. Worked as well.

So I restarted FF and tried again - worked as well.

Tried both in private browsing and regular mode.

What was and what is your security.tls.version.min setting?

Can you try and raise the .max setting back to 3 and see what happens?

0 Kudos

Hi

I've just tested again, changed security.tls.version.max from 1 to 3, logoff from SCN restart Firefox and then the problem is back when I click on "login", no certificate validation popup and  I get the here under grey screen.

I switched back security.tls.version.max to 1 and I get the certificate popup and I'm able to login without even restarting...

I did test FFox nightly built 30 and I experienced the same problem, but everybody might not be affected. A friend upgraded to FFox 27 and did not get that problem. I'll ask him to check his tls status.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi, Yves,

Thanks for the test. However you haven't mentioned what is your version.min value in FF. I have 0 and with max=3 I can login.

So I'm trying to pinpoint where the problem is so I could reproduce it.

Do you have HTTPWatch installed and perhaps you can email me an http trace when you encounter this problem?

0 Kudos

Hi

security.tls.version.min was set to 0 in FF version 27 or 30.

I do not have httpwatch installed, I'll try to install it on a test system I have some time.