cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to participate in discussion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I also want to participate in posted messages. How can I answer to the issues posted by people? Where is the link? Earlier this site was very user friendly, now I can not navigate to the threads posted by people!!

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Then choose your expertise forum..

Like as if you are expert in SAP MM then choose SAP ERP - Logistics Materials Management (SAP MM)

Choose your forum, then go to content.

Then you can see a lots of discussion...

Read that and reply in this thread...

Note : Before reply you have to check the thread as its signal,

If you see this signal then don't reply on this thread because this thread is already answered..

Reply on this thread which signal is

Also check the discussion date, which is found in

If you see the discussion is very old, then don't reply this discussion...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where is SCN Site Index link?

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have mentioned on my previous reply...

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not relevant question! The link was already given, click it and see.

Also try "Browse -> Content" (you can find this yourself), there is one page of new posts per minute, this should keep you busy for the time being.

Thomas

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A little courtesy to those who are trying to help you, will do you a world of good.

pk

PS: A little common sense too

0 Kudos

hi R Sgr

you can see the scn Site Index link at the bottom of page at left side

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dev Patra,

Your link is good. But every time I do not want to open this thread--> go to your answer and click on SCN Site Index link. How can I find SCN Site Index link on this page or in my log-in?

Thanks.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just add the three SD forum links which has already been shared here, to your Favourites List

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you ask an question, and someone reply in this question, then you will receive a mail along with a communication notification....

It happens same when you participate in a discussion...

And if you want to add a forum as favorite or you can bookmark the link of this forum in your browser...

There are lots of forum in SCN,

How can SCN know that which is your favorite forum ?

You can also follow a forum, in that way you can see the update in activity in your profile...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After you started barking at the "friends" who were just trying to help I felt a bit hesitant to reply, but a possibility of bringing more traffic to my old blog is too tempting. Since I've been through the old->new SCN transition myself, you might find it useful.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Welcome back to SCN.

At the top right of all SCN pages you'll find a link to .  There you'll find a multitude over ever helpful guides such as:

• ...and more!

Any questions on topics not covered, feel free search and create a new discussion here:

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very simple. Now when you have created this thread, you will see  'Reply' at the end of each post in following way,

Just click on Reply and post your content if you want to respond that specific user/content.

Or, if you need to respond to author directly, you will see Reply at the bottom of query, use this to respond to query directly.

ntn

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whenever a new comment is added to the existing thread, if you are logged in to SCN, you can see such of those threads under the tab "Communications" which you can see to your right top screen.  If you click the subject link of each thread, it will take you to the corresponding thread where you have the option to click "Reply".  Click that and add your suggestion.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Under "Communications" link I can find threads posted only by me. I want to reply to the threads posted by other people.

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read the above mentioned blog but believe me it's very simple to understand. To summarize you just have to do two things mentioned below for answering any question;

1. First thing first is to Login with your SCN id.
  2. Just go to a thread then click on the reply button which is below the message.

Congrats !!

Now you can write your opinion after that press Add Reply button to post your message.

Hope you got my point. Waiting to view your post ASAP.

Thanks,

Suman$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suman,

Any inputs, how group members paste screen shots in these posts.

I was trying to look for it but work kept me busy.

Thanks

Kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not relevant answer! Because my Question is very straight forward. How to look for the threads other people have posted!!

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
How to look for the threads other people have posted!!

Not sure, what more you want when I have already explained you how SCN works.  Just check on Communications tab which you can see on top right corner of the forum.    Have you explored with this tab ever?

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer this  2 :  in SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not relevant answer!

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sgr,

Once your following the forum which your relevant,by clicking on activity, it updates the questions and replies on forums which your following.

thru that way you can see the updates or questions which are posted on that forum.

Otherwise, go to perticular forum ,example ABAP forum.

if you click on above link, it takes you to abap forum. scroll down and see the recent activity.

it shows questions and replies which are happens latest. keep on refresh and try to answer the questions.

Main thing here you need to follow the forums where you want help to scn.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramanjaneyulu,

You've given the most appropriate link. But just like you gave ABAP forum link, tell me how can I find SD forum link. Your's was the most relevant reply to my thread.

Thanks.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you check scn site index you will find SD related links.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-19361

follow above 3 SD forums. When you click on activity(right side, upper icon), its will updates the  3 sd forums questions along with other forums which you following.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friend,

My Q is very very simple: "Where is SCN Site Index link?"

Thanks.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And the simple answer was given many times...

Here is the SCN site index...

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you tried open the link which i gave(first link form my previous reply)

open above link and see it.

Just follow the above reply mentioned 3 SD links. After that you can click Activity option.

You will see SD related questions, click on each questions and reply it.

Thanks

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It's on the site footer: i.e. at the very bottom of every SCN page.