cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service for Visits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to integrate Visits WorkCentre from Cloud For Customer with CRM 7 using SAP PI. For this we will need data to flow from Cloud For Customer to CRM through PI.

I believe a web service gets called when a Visit Plan is created/updated. I also found that Visits is linked to AppointmentActivity BO.

There is an Inbound Service Interface called "ReplicateAppointment" under "AppointmentActivityInitiatedByExternalIn". However there is no description present for this Service Interface. We tried searching the WSDL for this Service under Application and user management > Input And Output Management > Service Explorer, but we could not find it. Is this the correct interface for Visits?

Is there a way to check which web service gets called when Visit is created/updated and download its WSDL?

Thanks,

Sanat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanat,

the AppointmentReplicationInitiatedByExternalIn is an inbound service. This means that this webservice should be called by an external system, maybe to create an appointment as a copy an existing appointment on an external system.

If you want to call an external webservice (on PI for example) you need to integrate an external webservice in your solution, and then in the event-beforesave of the standard bo, you call this interface and you pass all the needed values to the external system.

In the official developers guide you can find all the related informations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for your response.

If a service is already being called on event-beforesave of a standard BO, is there a way i can check which service it is, and find what values are being passed to it?

Thanks,

Sanat

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think no, because the standard code is not available on the PDI.

You can only check if there is something in the developers documentation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

theoretically, you are right with the the webservice call in the BeforeSave Event, but if you use this approach you´ll face performance issues as the webservice call in this event is extremely slow so hat a creation of an instance takes too long...

Best regards,

Rufat