cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre requiste to learn SAP MDG

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am SAP a Technical consultant having 8 years of experience. Mostly worked in the areas like ABAP,Web Dynpro ABAP ,Workflow and FPM  in the modules SD,MM.

I would like to learn and swirch over to new SAP platform and also dont want to loose my previous experience in Web Dynpro,Workflow & ABAP.

After research i found in SAP MDG, their is a scope of working in MDG with this all technical areas. But i dont have experience in SAP MDM.

Please advice me, is it possible to learn MDG with out knowing SAP MDM. and suggest me about the scope of MDG in future.

Regards,

Ashwath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashwath

Yes it is possible to learn MDG even if you are not aware of MDM. Since you are working as ABAP consultant and aware of MM and SD module, you can focus on material master or customer master.  You can find all sort of material on SCN and on sap mdg help portal.

For a technical resource, there is lot of scope in SAP MDG. You can work on -

1. Workflow

2. UI / Data modelling - Extension of data model and UI modification

3. Replication set up - SOA manager or IDOC

The above are the 3 main areas where you can concentrate and start learning.

Below are some of the link for your reference -

All the MDG related links are on the SCN page itself. Giving the link which would be useful for you (technical areas)

Workflow configuration -

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/d4/09348181894e46a2c6cdc8e65ab28e/content.htm

How to extend data model -

Configuration of SOA manager

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/b6/6148fd7f36453383d481a0bfda4b0a/content.htm?framese...

Thanks

Kiran

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your valuable input

Regards,

Vinod Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwath,

I have some good document related to  SAP  BRF+ and  SAP MDG  but not sure how to send to you .

Thanks to  Satnam Dhillon and Kiran Bapat for contribution

Regards,

Manoj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashwath,

SAP MDG Technical ABAP consultant. need below skills

-  ABAP ( BADI , Enhancement skills)

-  Data Model ( need ABAP data dictionary concept plus designing  Structure and table relationship with ER concepts ) .

- Workflow will one time configuration for standard Template provided by SAP but need configure email notification , BRF+ enhancement if needed ).

- UI development

- Custom development BADI from Data model fields

Satnam Dhillon