cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search help on custom field REX 3.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I have a requirement where I need to add a custom field for object salesorder in REX3.2. In the backend erp system, there is a search help(matchcode) for that particular field and the client wants the same matchcode when creating a sales order on the ipad. Any ideas about how to add matchcode in rex please?

Thank you,

Chetan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Applied new patch release from SAP, problem solved.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

raphael-l
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

did you get any solution from SAP or did you solve it by your own? Because i'm facings the exact same issue at the moment.

Regards,

Raphael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raphael,

Unfortunately no, the issue is still the same, have you been able to work something out?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

kindly check the Extensibility Customizing Guide for SAP Retail Execution 3.2 and Administrator's Guide for SAP Retail Execution 3.2.0 available in SMP.

Regards

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

thanks for answering. I checked both documents, in the extensibility guide 3.2, there is value help only for android devices, but nothing for ipad. I would be grateful if you could guide me through this, am quite new with REX.

Thanks you,

Chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chetan,

We have modified the REx 3.2 Extensibility guide with new Section 2.2.2.3.2 for CE Field Value help maintenance. Kindly also go through the section 2.2.2.3.1 of the REx 3.2 Extensibility guide to understand how CE fields with value help can be defined.

Please note that we have published the new version of REx 3.2 Extensibility guide just now in the SMP. It will take another 1-2 hours to reflect it in the SMP.

Regards
Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

thanks for quick reply. I downloaded the latest version of the extensibility guide, there is no section 2.2.2.3.2 but there is a new chapter about CE fields with value help, thank you for that.

My CE field has data type 1510. Are there any changes that need to be made in the XML file apart from specifying the data type for the CE field as 1510?

Is there a predefined list of MBO objects?

Please find below a sample of my code.

METHOD /mac/rs_badi_if_clnt_xml~/mac/rs_badi_get_ce_value_help.

DATA: ls_value_help TYPE /mac/rss_value_help.

ls_value_help
-object_type     = 'SalesDocMBO'.
    ls_value_help
-sub_object_type = 'SalesDocMBO'.
    ls_value_help
-langu = 'EN'.
    ls_value_help
-field_name = 'KDKG1'.
    ls_value_help
-key_field = 'S1'.
    ls_value_help
-value = 'stock group 1'.

INSERT ls_value_help INTO TABLE ct_value_help.

CLEAR ls_value_help.

ls_value_help
-object_type     = 'SalesDocMBO'.
    ls_value_help
-sub_object_type = 'SalesDocMBO'.
    ls_value_help
-langu = 'EN'.
    ls_value_help
-field_name = 'KDKG1'.
    ls_value_help
-key_field = 'S3'.
    ls_value_help
-value = 'stock group 3'.

INSERT ls_value_help INTO TABLE ct_value_help.

CLEAR ls_value_help.

ENDMETHOD.

Thank you very much for helping.

Regards,

Chetan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

I have been having some issues to implement the value help for a char type field. The extensibility guide says that for char type field, the third TTSX value is none, i suppose it is 0 ?.

If i change it to 1,  I can't see the value for that field when I view a sales order.

I would be really grateful if you could guide me through this. Am quite lost here.

Thanking you in advance,

Chetan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chetan,

For acheving value help for CE fields we have to make changes in the BAdI as well as in the UIAConfiguration.xml.

In the BAdI make changes as mentioned by you, in your earlier reply. In the UIAConfiguration.xml maintain the data type for the field in TTSX format. In TTSX, 'TT' indicates the data type, 'S' indicates the sub -type, whether the field contains LOV or not. For fields containing LOVs maintain the 'S" value as 1. 'X' in TTSX indicates whether the field is readonly or updatable.

For the field 'KDKG1' in 'SalesDocMBO' maintain the data type as '1510', if it iss a character data type, in the UIAConfiguration.xml. Ensure that the updated UIAConfiguration.xml is available in the device by maintaining the cache group inteval for the customiizng sync group objects in the SCC as 0.

Regards

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

thanks for answering, kindly find below the changes I made to UIAConfiguration.xml.

<ABO for = "SALESORDERS">

<CE>

<field id="KDKG1" labelId="KDKG1" dataType="1510" />

</CE>

</ABO>

In the custom enhancement table, the data type for field 'KDKG1' has been maintained as '1510' also. We can't still see the matchcode as required.

The cache group  interval for customising group has been maintained as 0.

Do you have any idea what might be causing this issue please?

Thank you,

Chetan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chetan,

Kindly maintain the cache interval for 'ClientXMLCG' to zero and performa delta sync for customzing and check.

Regards

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

thanks for replying. The cache interval for 'ClientXMLCG' was already set to zero and did the delta sync as you suggested, still no luck.

I would be grateful if you could tell me the exact value to fill for ls_value_help-object_type and  ls_value_help-sub_object_type? We are currently using 'SalesDocMBO'.

Upon research, we found the MBO 'ClientCEValueHelpMBO' in the customizing CG. We manually added the MBO in img customizing, should we assign it to a dcn and sub dcn object?

Regards,

Chetan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

If after maintaining proper entries in UIAConfiguration and implementing the BAdI, CE Fields LOV is not available, kindly open a message in MOB-APP-REX component with connection to the backend system open.

Regards

Pramod