cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the sp_name for the default SP setup in Hana Cloud Platform?

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using the default service provider provided by HCP. I am not going to setup custom Service Provider.

My question is:

What is the sp_name for this default sp because I wish to use the rest api such as:

https://accounts.sap.com/service/users

which accepts parameters: name_id={name_id}&sp_name={sp_name}

Regards,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

It can't be used with the default SP. You have to specify a custom one (where you have full control over the name) and register it with the SAP ID Service as described here - section "(Optional) Configuring Service Provider Registration with SAP ID Service".

HTH!

--Vlado

0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't seem to have this option: "Use the Administration Console" to customize the Local Service Provider in SAP ID Service when I choose Custom for Configuration Type in the Trust Section.

Now I have 2 questions:

1. What would you recommend for the registration page if I need one for user registration?

2. Can I use SAP ID Service settings for the Trusted Identity Provider Setting page when I chose Custom.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Regards,

Chris

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I don't seem to have this option: "Use the Administration Console" to customize the Local Service Provider in SAP ID Service when I choose Custom for Configuration Type in the Trust Section.

This option is only available for productive accounts but not for developer/trial accounts. On which landscape and account are you working?

Now I have 2 questions:

1. What would you recommend for the registration page if I need one for user registration?

This should actually be a separate discussion, please start a new thread.

2. Can I use SAP ID Service settings for the Trusted Identity Provider Setting page when I chose Custom.

Yes, and actually you don't have to touch anything in the Trusted Identity Provider tab in this case, you only need to manage the SP settings in the Local Service Provider tab. As stated in the documentation: "When you perform these steps, SAP ID Service is added automatically to the list of Trusted Identity Providers, configured with all settings necessary for communication (endpoints, bindings, certificates and so on)."

HTH!

--Vlado

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Vladimir, I can't close this post.

And I am in a mid of another project, hence I will only have the time to confirm whether your suggestion works. Thanks