cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR for SA not possible and even if SA release had transmitted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

With regards to my previous posting (http://scn.sap.com/thread/3499461), the problem is resolved. Thanks Jurgen!

However, there is another problem arisen which I previously posted on my old forum and Peter has helped enlighten but it seems it does not work this time around.( http://scn.sap.com/thread/3455551).

I hit the following error during MIGO-stage. “PU Ordered quantity exceeded by 20.000 PC : 82001346 XXXX 0011, Message no. M7022”.

The following is my Scheduling Agreement Release screen:

Item message:

Header message:

MD04:

EKEK table:

TO make it short, I have performed the ME84 (i.e. created the PSA release), and I have successfully run ME9E, and the Release date does show value in EKEK table.

Previously I follow Peter instruction on  http://scn.sap.com/thread/3455551, and it works.

However, it seems not working this time and system trigger the same error message.

Do you know what the problem is?

Regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

What are the dates in the release itself?

You are showing the MRP generated schedule lines not the release with the dates which are actually sent to the vendor.

The system uses this as a basis for determining what is sent to the vendor.

You are using a creation profile (see screenshot below - item marked with 1) in the scheduling agreement and this creation profile  can contain a planning calendar. If you have a planning calendar in the scheduling agreement's creation profile then this will affect the delivery dates that are transmitted to the vendor

So when you check a release check the transmitted data and not just the schedule lines proposal from MRP shown in the ME38 screen.

A common mistake in discussions with vendors to which requirements are sent using scheduling agreements is that a buyer starts to discuss about back orders based on the schedule line proposals rather then the data of the effective transmitted release.

Please check the actually transmitted delivery dates.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

I am glad to see you.

Please see my following response to your queries.

The following are the creation profile (0001) setup detail, and I do not see any planning calendar object?

The following is the screen when I clicks the “Sched Line/Release” button via ME38.

and the messsage per release:

Questions:

1. May I know which of the following column contains the “actual transmitted delivery date”?And if it already has a value, why the MIGO-GR not possible as show on my first message?
  2. The output screen is green with time indicating the execution. FYI, the output message type at both header and item level (see my previous screenshot already turned green) are successfully transmitted, though system show “no processing log exist”.

Regards,
Daniel.

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

In the release you can see that the delivery date is set for 24/02/2014

This is the date that a vendor would see on his release and he would ship according to this date.

Since the 24th is well into the future you are not able to post the GR on the 11th or even today.

So you will have to change the date here. When I looked back into your initial mail in the second screenshot I can see that the initial delivery date was set to be on the 24th (see statistical date field).

I would say generate a new release and then check again the new delivery schedule as it should then show the 11th as the delivery date.

On your second question, if you are not using the standard SAP output then it will depend whether in your own development you are writing a processing log if the output was successful (green). This you would have to check in your print program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

One thing I do not understand is the delivery date.

Why the following screen show delivery date value of “24.02.2014” , when the MD04 and the schedule delivery line in ME38 clearly stated “09.02.2014” (See Figure 1 and Figure 2)?

My planned delivery date value in MRPview 2 and PIR are both having a value of 20 days.

• First, business will definitely treat the delivery date value in MD04 and ME38 screen as the genuine delivery date. This will cause misunderstanding.
  • Second, if vendor perform the goods delivery way before 24.02.2014, like today, and truck is on the dock, and business not allow to perform MIGO-GR because of this.

In that case, the above two problems are really an issue then.

Peter, appreciated so much on all the clues you provide to me, but do you have experience facing my two questions above (does your business making a noise on it, what is your rational you provide to the business?), and how to resolve it? Or do I need to implement the SAP note: 741385 and the above two problems can be resolved?

(please scroll down for 2nd question)

Figure 1

Figure 2

Question 2:  Why second release (i.e. ME84) generates the correct delivery date? And why not the first time?

I created another release and transmit it and the following is the screenshots.

After running ME84 Output:

New release document generated:

Now it comes out with delivery date I wants.
The second question is here: Why second release (i.e. ME84) generates the correct delivery date? And why not the first time?

Now I run ME9E, and now the release date become "13.02.2014", and I am able to perform GR.

But can you let me know my first quesiton above and 2nd question.

It seems Scheduling agreement in SAP is not very stable or maybe I do not know well enough.

Thanks,

Daniel

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

See here my comments.

• First, business will definitely treat the delivery date value in MD04 and ME38 screen as the genuine delivery date. This will cause misunderstanding.

You will have to explain that MRP is generating a proposal delivery schedule. The effective transmitted delivery schedule depends on the schedule lines that are in ME38 at the moment the release to the vendor is generated.

In your case the initial date for the schedule line when you generated your first release was for 24/02/2012. If you in MRP or in the scheduling agreement have note defined any firming factors then when you run MRP again and the customers requirements have increased or decreased or where pulled forward the schedule line that MD04 and ME38 (proposals) shows you are the schedule line proposals and are not the effective transmitted data to the vendor.

You will have to explain that there is a difference and I would also suggest to use firming options to block changes in the near future (for sure for the defined planned delivery time).

This can become even more complicated when using creation profiles as with creation profiles you can aggregate the generated schedule lines according to certain requirement or planning calendars.

You must make the business aware that can be and in allot of cases will be differences between what MD04 shows and what is effectively transmitted to the vendor when you are running MRP on a frequent basis.

• Second, if vendor perform the goods delivery way before 24.02.2014, like today, and truck is on the dock, and business not allow to perform MIGO-GR because of this.

In this case the goods receipt guys will have to notify the purchasing team and they then need to change the delivery schedule and generate a new release before the goods receipt can be posted.

You could develop a user exit to allow certain early delivery to happen. This is something that we have done in our company so that the business can define per vendor a certain of early delivery days.

Question 2:  Why second release (i.e. ME84) generates the correct delivery date? And why not the first time?

I created another release and transmit it and the following is the screenshots.

The first time that you created the release the delivery date was set as being the 24/02 (check in your previous screenshots the statistical delivery date).

Afterward this date was changed by MRP or manual intervention to the 11th however for this change you did not generate a new delivery schedule so for the system/vendor the delivery date is still the 24th.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Base on my problem above, I am wondering if I should implement " SAP NOTE: 741385 - Goods receipts up to current date for scheduling agreements".

If I will to implement Note: 741385, may I know what is implication effect aside from allowing me to post GR before Scheduling delivery date, and also implementing 741385 will surely solve my previous problem?

Before going to this note, maybe it has nothing to do with the note?

I am clueless and please help.

Regards,

Daniel