Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Synchronization boostrap Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem with the syncronization of the process boostrap for the J2ee and the processes (dispatcher, server0, SDM) of Java do not starts and the Java is in status unavailable.

In the file di log log_bootstrap_ID011578850.log I receive this messages like below seen:

com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: os.name or os.bit.length or os.unicode properties not set in the database! Check database consistency!

[Feb 12, 2014 3:08:56 PM ] [Bootstrap module]> Problem occurred while performing synchronization.

[Feb 12, 2014 3:09:35 PM ] --------------------------------------------------

[Feb 12, 2014 3:09:35 PM ] Bootstrap MODE:

[Feb 12, 2014 3:09:35 PM ] <SINGLE INSTANCE>

[Feb 12, 2014 3:09:35 PM ]  determined by parameter [ID011578850].

[Feb 12, 2014 3:09:35 PM ] --------------------------------------------------

[Feb 12, 2014 3:09:37 PM ] Exception occurred:

com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: os.name or os.bit.length or os.unicode properties not set in the database! Check database consistency!

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.getElementData(Bootstrap.java:369)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.makeUpdate(Bootstrap.java:995)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:972)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

[Feb 12, 2014 3:09:37 PM ] [Bootstrap module]> Problem occurred while performing synchronization.

I have already seen the note sap number 757712, but when I have done the export XML configuration by the configtool I haven't this tag:

<property key="element.name" value="server.IDxxxxx">

<property key="java.path" value="XXX">

I have compared the file xml with another istance where the problem there isn't and the file is the same, but with the difference that in the instance where the problem there isn't in the offlinegeditor.bat under cluster_data\server\cfg  in the propertysheetelement-info.ID115788 the parameters os.name, os.unicode, os.bit.lenght are available, instead of instance where the problem there is.

For this reason I can not apply this note and also because I have the version of J2ee 7.0.0 and not 6.40 or 7.10.  I also attach the error messages.

I look foward for en early reply.

Thanks a lots.

Fabio Solari.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. Were you able to resolve it? How did you add the entries in the problem instance?