cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message: "Method '~' of object '~' failed 65171" when trying to insert Activities using DTW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to import some data in a test database I am using, and although I have successfully imported Business Partners Master Data and Contact Employees, I am having difficulties importing Activities.

I have tried numerous ways to input the data, yet I always get an error message. For example, I have inserted just the basic mandatory fields of ContactCode (clgCode) and CardCode, but even still I get the error message "Method '~' of object '~' failed65171". Please see the attached file to see what I am trying to insert. There is no other Activity with such a ContactCode and also there is a Business Partner with such a code.

I have made numerous efforts inserting more data in the fields, trying to copy from an Activity I have created (for example adding the date (20140214) and/or tNO in the closed field, see second file), yet always I get an error. I have tried using a tab delimited text file as well, just in case....

I have read numerous post with similar issues, but I have not found a solution. Most of them mention an error in the data, yet I cannot even input the simplest data of just the code of the Activity and the Business Partner. Maybe I am missing something....

I would really appreciate it if someone could give me any suggestion.

I am using SAP BO 8.82 PL10

(Rename both attachments to .csv)

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error means that your Obscommon user is corrupt and you cannot connect to the SBO-Common database to download the OBServer.dll that is stored in the temporary directory.

For more information, see SAP Note 858475, 642564, or 614946.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question and I am sorry I am replying so late.

I actually managed to input the data by simply restarting the server....

I did not follow the first rule of troubleshooting, restart, and it took my 4 hours looking at irrelevant things.

So, in case someone gets a similar message, restart first of all and then try to check everything else!

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for feedback.

Regards,

Nagarajan

Answers (0)