cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Visual Basic PlugIn and Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have some existing code used with CR 8.5 and an older version of Visual Basic shown below.

Dim rptHOURLY85 As New CrystalReport

rptHOURLY85.ReportFileName ="C:\Program Files\Proficy\Proficy iFIX\APP\HOURLY85.rpt"

rptHOURLY85.RetrieveDataFiles

rptHOURLY85.Destination = crptToPrinter

rptHOURLY85.PrintReport

Set rptHOURLY85 = Nothing

I have upgraded to CR 11.5 and i need to write similar code to print my report to a PDF file.  The problem is I don't know which Plugin or Library I need to use, and If i did know which one, what instructions can be used with it?  Can someone please help me! I have searched the help.sap.com documents and could not find anything on these Plugin's

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi John,

I think your old app used the RDC ( craxdrt.dll ) or possibly crpe32.dll, both are deprecated and neither are supported in a .NET application.

So you can still use the 11.5 RDC in VB 6 but it's not supported in a .NET app. Also, upgrading to CR 11.5 would have been better if you updated to CR 2008 or above, at least they are still supported.

Bottom line is you need to throw away the old code and use CR Assemblies.

See this WIKI for sample app's, it'll be a good start for you:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Crystal+Reports+SDK+Sample+Applications

If you have VS 2010 or 2012 you can download the Plug-in and runtime from the Overview Tab.

If you continue using CR 11.5 then you can create a new VB app... Create a Windows Form app and add the a form...

See this post on steps to create a new app:

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don,

thanks for your answer, I do have this information, the previous scripts above were looking for a "Cdo32.dll" and a "Crystl32.ocx" files.

I am trying to write the code in Microsoft Visual Basic 6.3  Is that the same as the .NET tutorial?

I'm having to do this because i am printing the reports from GE IFIX 5.5 HMI.

0 Kudos

Ah, that would be why... Both of those report engines were deprecated in CR 9. Also requires you to update the DB drivers now too. Likely ODBC is your only option now.

Never tried GE IFIX 5.5 HMI, but appears they have a .NET interface.

Check the samples out, they should at least get you going, how to integrate into that product I suggest posting on their forum to see if anyone else has done it and how to.

Don

Answers (0)