Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Graffiti Quotes You See On Your Travels

petr_solberg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good Afternoon Slackers Cool People in the Hip and Happening Coffee Corner,

this is the thread for posting interesting graffiti quotes we see on our travels.

I saw this one at lunchtime...

What have you seen ?

Andy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when i was in Kenia I saw this at a river with crocodiles:

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its like that :

crocodiles invites people "Come, I'll eat you and you will be very happy for that",,,

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is the menu on a Bar in Punjab - India

In header its "Today's Menu"

Answers (16)

Answers (16)

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've found this "modified" street sign last week in Barcelona:

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

During our holiday in Italy we ran into this sign in a restaurant (near the garbage can). We could only assume that a) they perhaps have had too big a share of Greek parties or b) they had very dissatisfied customers showed their dissatisfaction very clearly...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's some more..

Former Member
0 Kudos

India goes into the lead for me as far as silly signs and being able to laugh at oneself about it is concerned..  🙂

But my home country (South Africa) has an endless wealth of capability for these things as well...

Former Member
0 Kudos

ps: This store is run by an Indian, but in South Africa. 🙂

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

They never have said, that the 24h are on the same day.

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In German: Translated "nursing home, delivery"

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best spelling mistake in INDIA....

Actually it will be chilled bear

Former Member
0 Kudos

bear?

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Opsss.. Its my spelling mistake..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Opsss. Isn't this also a spelling mistake?

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's an emotion...

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is some Indian spelling mistakes..

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not graffiti but after seeing what others have posted here is my contribution. Well it's not exactly from travel either since San Diego Zoo is an hour drive away but still.

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Was driving through the Blair Drummond Safari Park in Scotland. A big pride of lions was blocking our way, and refusing to move away, This big aggressive male, kept circling all around and at one point from about 6 ft away, "marked his territory" on my car. All very scary, and we were relieved when some park officials came and chased away the lions from the path. But my girl who was 3 years old then, found the whole incident ridiculously funny, and had a field day for months afterwards, describing how the big lion did "wee wee" on daddy's car.

So yes, I can vouch for the fact about the spray range.

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This one just came into my radar online. Thinking about how these critters roam near the Palo Alto offices of SAP gave me pause to think what our SAP colleague runners would do if they met a Mountain Lion.  One might throw colleagues but never a child, don't you think.

gleo_SRAM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you supposed to throw the children to the Lion or to safety? 

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just throw them. The movement will distract the animal and you can run away the other way. ^^

Autsch @ the tattoo-pic.

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Also grafitti and tatoo freshers can be a risk if left unsupervised..

Former Member
0 Kudos
gleo_SRAM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

.. and the other one...

If you are a bad map reader, don't always follow directions blindly!

The Burren Way and Liscannor - turn LEFT not RIGHT as per the sign....  I should add that it was a cliff top walk 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos
gleo_SRAM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So Julius - did you touch it 😉

Taht's the kinda sign you want to reach out and touch, in the same manner as when you are handed a plate in the restaurant and the waiter says "Be careful = it's very hot"...What to you do...you test to see how hot it really is....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I even held my tongue against it for a few seconds

Here is another amusing one I took last year. Obviously some kid left a very lasting impression there with his bicycle...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Isn't that the secret annual bikefest in which you need to balance bike on a rope tied over swimming pool, cigarette in one hand and wine glass in other

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could be. But he was very lucky to have made it to the swimming pool at all on his bike - this is a sign at the gate to the resort where the swimming pool was...

gleo_SRAM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

The people in Derry in Northern Ireland have a wicked sense of humour. Last summer I took this photo. The wall used to have an ATM machine in it - it was bricked up and some local artist chalked on the brickwork.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually what should be in the blank ???

THINK ABOUT ONE THING

YOU CAN'T BUY _________ WITH MONEY,

THEN GO AND GET IT ?

petr_solberg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

apologies, slightly off topic, travelling through F.a.M. airport on Friday, I saw these books in a bookshop and thought of...

only joking John, I am one of the greatest fans of your work, and the community would be less

without it

Andy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

501. I have some work to do.

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fun thread.

2 years ago when attending SAP TechEd Bangalore, went to the mall and .... snapped this:

I know...it's not graffiti but it triggered all sorts of funny ideas that I would have added if I was someone who defaced signage.

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn't take a photo of it, but in Belfast under a signboard pointing the way to the Titanic Musuem, someone had scrawled "Don't blame us, it was alright, when it left here".