cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License costs for "Full SAP User"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi together,

I have a question concerning License costs for SAP Netweaver Gateway.

Aprx. 1 year ago we decided to realize a project with SAP Netweaver Gateway and volume based licenses (consumer access) in our SAP environment.

Some of the consumers already have a "full SAP user / professional user" and the other user do not have this kind of user.

Our external partner told us, that we do not have to pay for the volume/service calls we generate with the full SAP user - we only have to pay for the volume/service calls which will be generated by our customers who do not have an SAP user.

Today I found an information that sounds different:

Prerequisite: Developer and administrators require a Named User license.

External service calls are HTTP requests per calendar year which are processed by SAP NetWeaver Gateway Server. Metadata requests and requests from SAP Software that contains SAP NetWeaver Gateway runtime software are not counted.

Does that mean that we also do have to pay for the service calls which are generated by full professional user (where we already pay a lot of money)?

It would be great if you can share your information!

Thanks in advance & best regards

Torsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

Currently we are planning to release a Project with Volume based licencing for that planning to use SAP Netweaver gateway Consumer licence .I would like to know how SAP Netweaver gateway consumer licence ,service calls are calculated ?As per my understanding it is not based on user calls but the total service calls processed by sap netweaver gateway and not based on per user calls .Please  let me know if you have the clarity on this .

How to track  the total number of service calls processed by Gateway ?

Thanks in advance .

Regards

Neeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Torsten,

Regarding the per user calls ,you can have a look at /iwfnd/traces transaction in SAP netweaver gateway system which will show you list of calls made by individual users and the number of sub calls. Hope this will help you in answering your query.

Please let me know how to get the consolidated list of service request processed in sap netweaver gateway system.

Thanks and Regards

Neeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeta,

thanks for your feedback.

During the last weeks we had some discussions/websessions with SAP.

The solution will be that we will create an additional service.

So we have one service for internal user (full professional SAP user) and an additional service for the other calls and we only have to pay those calls.

Best regards

Torsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I would like to know how the user calls for the users without SAP user licence will be charged.Is it based on the total number of calls pocessed by SAP Netweaver Gateway System (SAP Netweaver Gateway Consumer Licence 75,000 calls /licence) .If the total number of calls made by the extetnal users are within the limit do we still have to pay based on per user calls?

Thanks and Regards

Neeta

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Neeta,

we are charging the service calls for users without a SAP user license.

This license is based on the total number of calls processed by SAP Gateay.

You buy a license that covers a certain amount of service calls / year. This license is sold in blocks of 75,000 calls.

So if your total number of calls done by external users is covered by the number of calls that you have licensed it should be fine.

For binding answers around licensing questions you have however always to consult your account executive.

To be honest I do not understand your question:

"If the total number of calls made by the extetnal users are within the limit do we still have to pay based on per user calls?"

Best Regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Thanks a lot for your reply.You have clarified my query.I just wanted to know the extenal users calls are included within the 75,000 calls.Can this licencing model be used with Fiori.We have a scenario where there are 1000 employees and 700 have named user licence and 300 do not have SAP licence.So for us to use the SAP Fiori apps for all the employees within the organisation is it mandatory to have all the users to have a named licence ?Or Can we us for the remianing 300 usesr to acess using the Gateeway consumer licencing model and Gateway user self service ?

Thanks and Regards

Neeta

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Neeta,

no, for the remaining 300 employees you cannot use the license since this license can solely be used for B2C scenarios where external users are granted access to your SAP system.

In B2E scenarios named users are typically required by solutions offered by SAP.

To clarify which named user license is best suited for you you should get in touch with your account executive.

Best Regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre ,

Thanks very much for your valuable reply.

Thanks and Regards

Neeta

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Torsten,

I woudl suggest you to see floowing threads:

Even thought when it comes to licenses the best thing is to contact account manager designated in SAP for your organization.

cheers

m./

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Martin,

thanks a lot for your feedback.

I have already checked your threads - but it doesn't really answer my problem.

I want to separate the counts between full SAP User (which are "for free") and other calls (with a technical user which we have to pay by the number of service calls).

But I didn't find an answer for this. 😕

Regards

Torsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Torsten

Did you receive any feedback on the licensing of the External Service Calls? and how do you monitor the service call count for the calendar year if you may know?

Regards

Jerome

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

I did not get any feedback.

We can track in general how many service calls we had but we cannot track the service calls per User-ID.

We are still waiting for a feedback and I also have to push this topic until end of this year.

So if you will receive any update please share it,

Thanks in advance & best regards

Torsten