cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BWA Query in-memory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

I've been browsing on how BWA process query results in memory.

We have one cube having approx last 5 years of data store and this cube we have added onto BWA. Usually we query compare last two years data ( i.e 2014 and 2013). My doubts here , if query run with year 2013 data , does BWA bring all data into memory , I mean all cube's data and than extract 2013.

Any idea ?.

Thanks,

PNS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member188743
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's possible with BW 7.3x onwards to use the option to have a BWA only Infocube, in other words loading all the data to the BWA (in memory). Otherwise, you will only have indexes in the BWA.

Thanks,

Diego Seben.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls do check the given below Link. Nicely Explained:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

BWA doesnot load the actual data. Only Indexes stores at blades. So if your cube is having last 5 years data and you are running the query for 2014 period then it will go through all the indexes first and then extract 2014 data from the result.

Regards,

Kake

former_member209606
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

i think you specify the year level filter in column level. So BWA take all the data into memory then do the filter based on the column level filter.

Regards

Sureshkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Suresh.

But my actual doubts , does BWA load all cube data into memory and then do filtering.

As I explained , cube is having last 5 years of data and in query I am only selecting 2014 year - so does BWA load whole cube into memory and then extract 2014 from result set.

Thanks,

PNS