cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can't I export the extra sheet with prompts values , when i export to excel in BO 4.1 Sp2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi 

The new feature in BO 4.1  SP2  Analysis Edition for OLAP ,  when you export to excel and new extra sheet become with the excel;

looking in SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, edition for OLAP User Guide  it says this

"

19.1 Exporting data to excel

For each analysis that has prompt values associated with it, a separate sheet is added to the Excel

workbook to display the prompt values."

I look in aplication and Adatative Process Server, in User Profile , in WorkSpace , in order to avoid to export the extra sheet but there is nothing about.

It´s possible to avoid to export the extra sheet with prompt values?

Where can  I modify  In BO to do that?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Felipe

Previously our exports to Excel and PDF did not include prompt values. We had feedback from many customers rightly concerned that, without including the context of the prompt values, the exports were largely meaningless.

Consequently with 4.0 SP09 and 4.1 SP03 we now automatically export the prompt values when a query has prompts. We did not add these to the same sheet but added them to an extra sheet. If there are scenarios where the prompt values are not needed, the extra sheet can be easily deleted.

Are you able to describe the use case to us why you don't want to export the prompt values?

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian

In this case it doesn´t like the end user, beacuse the prompts appear with the technical name.

The politic is not to show the technical name in reports.

they said that we need to dissapeared the extra sheet....

So in this case as I Understood there isn´t a place  where to change it in BO,  in order to avoid the extra sheet.

Maybe in the future add it in parameter in order to be a more flexible system.

Thanks you

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Felipe

Does the customer want to hide the prompts sheet because it includes the technical name... or do they simply not want it at all?

When delivering any solution we try to deliver the best option that satisfies the majority of use cases. For those cases which are not directly satisfied we try and make it easy to resolve.

In this case the prompts are delivered on a separate sheet which can easily be deleted if not required.

The technical names for prompts are displayed because different prompts can have the same description. The technical name removes any confusion. But if you don't want to see the technical names, simply delete column A and all technical names are removed while keeping all other content intact.

The customer can also submit an enhancement to the Analysis edition for OLAP section of Idea Place (https://ideas.sap.com/ct/s.bix?c={9AE8C74A-8E80-46B3-B375-6ED0DB92DA2B}) for consideration for a future release.

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

It's a good idea to add the prompt values to the exported sheet.

But the confusing thing is, the prompts are working for the whole OLAP report, not separate tab report. I mean each tab report actually has the same prompt values. So it does not necessarily show up several times for each tab report, but once for the whole OLAP report is good.

Best Regards,

Derek