cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you prohibit remembered values in certain fields?

ann_hustis
Contributor
0 Kudos

I want to prohibit a certain field (field Order type PP_AUFART) in transaction CO41 Collective Conversion of Planned Orders from defaulting to the last value used.  How do I do this?

Please note that I do not want to prohibit "remembering" on all fields or all transactions because this is great functionality as you move from transaction to transaction.  I just want to prohibit this on this particular field and transaction.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Ann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sap_pp13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ann, SAP provides a MOD for this. Details in note 518964.

As you would agree, the conversion design brings in a 5 step logic to propose an order type. If nothing is there it should still work and hence the need to propose the same in the initial screen. Anything beyond is a MOD as per SAP.

Same holds good for other txns like co01/40/07/08/10 and for any changes desired by clients SAP provides another MOD.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ann

From the options already suggested here, the modification from note 518964 (in my humble opinion) is the best one.

Changing the parameter AAF would also affect another transactions where it is also used.

Switching off the history would affect all the transactions, so it could cause a lot of trouble from your users that are used to this functionality on other transactions.

A transactions variant to hide this field is not very useful, as you may want to use this field sometimes.

Therefore, I would use the modification note. If you are willing to implement it, please consider that there are manual steps that should be performed before the implementation of the code corrections.

BR

Caetano

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ann,

Using tranaction variant is suggested assuming that you will not use this field as input field. Else proceed as suggested by other experts.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ann

Did you solve this issue? Can you please close this thread?

BR

Caetano

ann_hustis
Contributor
0 Kudos

No Caetano, I still have not solved this one.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Did you implement note 518964 ?

ann_hustis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Caetano,

No we solved this by process instead.  We highlighted this field in the job aid and advised planners they must pay close attention to the value in the field.

Luckily most of their production orders are the same order type.

Note 518964 is a modification so the client would not want to implement it.  It will solve the issue, however.  Thank you for the reply.

Ann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ann,

This could be done in different ways as below

1. Activate the user parameter ID "AAF" with no(empty) parameter value. So then where ever(any transaction) this field order type is displaying it will be with no values.

2.The other one is switching off the history in GUI options - By doing this system will not fetch the history data's for any of the fields in all transaction.

3.Or Switching the history in GUI option as "Immediately" - By doing this system will provide the history data as drop down option for any of the fields in any transaction.

Regards,

Chinna

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ann,

In CO41 by default last used order type gets displayed. As per my knowledge you cannot avoid. Alternative solution create transaction variant for CO41 and hide order type field.

Refer the below wiki to create transaction variant.

Transaction Variant - A Step by Step Guide for Creation - Code Gallery - SCN Wiki

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri