cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNG Picture transparent background become black in Crystal Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have the following PNG file which background is transparent. But the background of the picture turns black after add into the crystal report 2011. I have tried few thing like changing the colour depth of the file and etc but still couldn't get it done. Can some one advise? Thank you

You may download the file to try to insert.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ido_millet
Active Contributor

If you need a solution that doesn't involve manual intervention, you can use a UFL (User Function Library) as a solution. Ken Hamady maintains a list of 3rd-party UFLs here.

My CUT Light UFL has a ImageColorRemap() function that can be used (in the 'Graphic Location' expression of the image properties) to on-the-fly generate & load a new color-remapped version of the specified image:

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

I got around this issue by editing the PNG file in the GNU Image Manipulation Program using the following steps...

• Image menu > Flatten Image (to remove transparent background)
  • Image menu > Scale Image (to resize)
  • File menu > Export As (to save changes in any common image format - I stayed with PNG)

Hope that's useful to someone!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I appreciate this is an old thread, but in case someone else comes here with the same problem, a solution that worked for me was top open the .PNG file in paint, then simply save it in jpeg format.

Hope this helps.

khalid2051_74
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Great!
It worked perfectly!

Thank you!

Oh! I wish to mention your name but it is showing Former Member!

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenny,

Crystal Reports converts images to .bmp which unfortunately does not support transparency for images.

Please have a look at SAP Note: 1199393 for more information.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

any or work around on this as I printing a digital signature on non white paper. If cant get the transparent background it will like having a box . Thank you

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems there are no other workarounds for this specific issue, other than using the same background color as the paper of course.

-Abhilash

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

here is one workaround to have an image with a transparent background in crystal. the bad part is that it involves a method which may not be suitable for everyone as it's not something that is dynamic.

1) create a new MS Word doc & Insert your Picture on to the doc

2) change the doc Page > Layout so that it is the same size as your picture, remove the Margins, and save the doc file

3) go back to your report and choose Insert > OLE Object > Create From File & choose your new doc file

otherwise if you do need something that is dynamic, you'll have to just have the image in its own section that is underlayed and also ensure that the image background is altered as per Abhilash's suggestion.

-jamie