cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Renewal FP4 How to limit personlization option to add/remove CHIPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

We are on our HR renewal FP 4 implementation journey and this is another one of interesting issues we are facing.

We are using only selected few ESS and MSS chip services as part of our current scope. So we have worked on the catalog to restrict services which we don't need. Now we don't want End users to select and chose services which they to displayed. Major concern is around support, when they click and hide one of those Payroll services and then panic calls starts at Support Center. I am sure this concern is shared among other clients. Now Good old Portal Iview properties allowed us to restrict personalization to add/remove iviews from role. We are looking to gain similar control by Administrator

So essentially we want to

1) Allow Administrators to pre-select all the required CHIPs services for ESS and MSS users

2) Disable option to add/remove CHIPS by ESS and MSS users

Now i did a bit of search in and around SDN to find similar pains and solutions. I stumbled upon this veyr informative blog

by Carrie Lande

In here Carrie has confirmed the limitation of current solution version as it goes:

• In the current version, users must perform personalization upon initial logon to set up their landing page.  Because of this constraint, it is not feasible to disable personalization in the current version.

There was also mention by Alex Mathew around SAP Product team will look into these issues. I could not locate any follow up documents/release information to confirm if this has been taken up and delivered as part of notes/packs in FP4 based solution.

Wanted to check with you if you have managed to find any workaround to handle this limitation.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Regards,

Sudhir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you should be able to do at admin level New Admin page URL http://sapecc-dv.myintranet.local/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/ARSRVC_SPB_ADMN/mai n.html In order to capture the changes like reordering the chips or removing the chips to a transport request automatically, we must specify the following user parameters for the user profile in the backend system. The navigation path is as follows: System > User Profile > Own Data > Parameters: Parameter /UI2/WDC_DEVCLASS: Software package for page configurations. Parameter /UI2/WD_TRKORR_CONF: Number of a transport request for client-independent page configurations. Parameter /UI2/WD_TRKORR_CUST: Number of a transport request for client-specific page customizing. Can you please check if main.html is present in the bsp application ARSRVC_SPB_ADMN by following below steps. 1. Logon to your backend system. 2. Enter transaction se80. 3. Select Package and enter package name AR_SRVC_PB 4. Expand the package AR_SRVC_PB 5. Expand BSP Library-> BSP Application ->ARSRVC_SPB_ADMN. 6. Under this BSP Appication under Page Fragments main.html should  be present.  If ARSRVC_SPB_ADMN itself is missing or main.html is missing then this might be because of improper notes application. Below are the notes that has to be applied in the specified sequence for Suite Page Builder 1864947 1865279 1865420 1870877 1870878 1874813 1874901 1886647

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddharth. I am already able to access arsrvc_spb_admn/main.html. So that is sorted. So i can configure catalog to hide what i don't want to use. So that's working fine.

Now my question was. When user logs on for the first time, they are prompted to select/personalize what chips they want to show for ESS and MSS.

Can we avoid this option. Also we wanted to restrict users from adding/removing these chips. This should be done by Administrator only.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

did you raise this to Alex already? he is the product manager as I didn't see an option to hide the background option ie disable personalization probably it ll a modification , I ll check that and let you know, probably you can raise a ticket to SAP as well check here http://help.sap.com/saphelp_uiaddon10/helpdata/en/bf/69de830b09406caad91de8cdcaa349/content.htm?fram...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddharth.

On to it. I have raised an OSS and hopefully Alex will be able to come back to us this for one.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Sudhir

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

its not available in this release ie FP4 maybe in next also, can you confirm what phase of project you are on? when is the go live?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddharth.

We started our build phase. We got few months to go before we are live.. but if this fix will be part of HR Renewal 2.0 (like MSS substitution options) then we might have to live with current limitations. Unless this functionality can be ported to FP4 based solution.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhir  - How did you resolve the
ARSRVC_SPB_ADMN/main.html not found. I am facing thhat issue and cannot move forward .

I am relying on your inputs.

Thanks

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep.

Look for this service in SICF, you should be able to find it. Once you find it you can try to launch this service.

Regards,

Sudhir

Zoneitsolutions.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which Service Sudhir.!

former_member214868
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhir,

What is the latest update on this subject?

We are implementing the HR Renewal 2.0 FP1 based ESS/MSS UI5 applications.

We would like to know if we can disable the end user personalization (adding/removing chips) in HR Renewal 2.0 FP1.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Urmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have hidden this toggle settings by Using the CSS . You can hide the IMAGE which control the settings.

former_member214868
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

Thanks for the response. We will try these workarounds.

Thanks,

Urmi

0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

The solution is provided for this request. Please refer to note 2058984, 2065525.

If an user is restricted from personalizing then all the chips of the catalogs assigned to that user will be added to their landing page on first load.

As well admin can restrict/unrestrict personalization for any landing page.

Regards,

Nikash B Sarasambi

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Were you able to disable end user personalization? We do have same requirement . I have raised separate thread as well. http://scn.sap.com/message/15542826#15542826

We are on HR renewal 201 initial Shipment. I am trying to prevent end users from selecting chips on accessing the landing page.

Regards,

Navya

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you all for the wonderful information that you post.

Since I'm a total newbie on these aspects of SAP (as well as SAP itself), I'm having several doubts that I cannot find an answer, from those the 3 more important are:

1. What's the different between a lane and a CHIP?
  2. How to remove, for example, the LEAVE REQUEST (I felt this was a CHIP, but it seems I'm wrong) from the My Info (Lane? CHIP?)
  3. I need to add a a link to a custom developed WebDympro app (just one URL), in the launchpad. Would I need to create a custom Lane/CHIP in order to do it? And if so (or, in any case actually), can you point me to some documentation on how to do it?

Thank you very much in advance and, please do excuse me if these questions are too much too basic...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The easy way to change this is - open the ARSVC suite application  in theme designer and hide this via CSS modifications.

We need to identify the element  via Chrome Browser and then hide the Icon for the same in theme designer.

Thanks

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Did you resolve your problem?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Jihoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have hidden this toggle settings by Using the CSS . You can hide the IMAGE which control the settings.

Go to theme designer and then hide the image which control the chips.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Can you please provide me more details on how you changed CSS.

Thanks, Andi

MVE
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Fyi, we recently installed the SAP_GWFND 740 SP8 & SAP_UI 740 SP10 and now the rectriction of the Personalization is available from the Page Administration (https://<host>:<port>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/arsrvc_spb_admn/main.html?scope=CONF&sap-client=<client>&sa...

See Screenshot:

Regards,

Mathieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

raise new thread ...its better ....please do not  ask in old threads

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andi,

have a look at my post in this thread. There is a CSS-example for hiding the Themes-Button.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu,

i've installed SAP_UI 740 SP10, but i don't see the settings-button of your screenshot? What do i missing in my system?

Regards

Michael

MVE
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I'm using IE11.

For your information, I connect to the Suite Page Builder | Page Admin via https://<host>:<port>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/arsrvc_spb_admn/main.html?scope=CONF.

Then via the menu All Pages, I choose my page/catalog:

Fyi, now we have installed the following SP levels:

ComponentReleaseSP-LevelDescription
SAP_BASIS740006SAP Basis Component
SAP_ABA740006Cross-Application Component
SAP_GWFND740008SAP Gateway Foundation 7.40
SAP_UI740010User Interface Technology 7.40
IW_PGW100006Process Gateway
SAP_BS_FND747004SAP Business Suite Foundation
WEBCUIF747004SAP Web UI Framework
SAP_HR604079Human Resources
EA-HR607030SAP Enterprise Extension HR

After the installation of the SP, did you clear you cache browser and delete the cache of the Gateway?

Best Regards,

Mathieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indeed, it was a cache problem! Thanks for your help Mathieu!!!

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

For this option to be visible will only upgrading SAP_UI 740 to  SP10 suffice or do i need to upgrade any other components as well? The current level of components is as shown below.

SAP_BASIS7400006SAPKB74006SAP Basis Component
SAP_ABA7400006SAPKA74006Cross-Application Component
SAP_GWFND7400007SAPK-74007INSAPGWFNDSAP Gateway Foundation 7.40
SAP_UI7400009SAPK-74009INSAPUIUser Interface Technology 7.40

Regards,

Navya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

sry for the late response (holidays ).

I actually implemented the latest support package stack. But i suppose, that SAP_UI is the determining component for the mentioned SPB-feature. So SP 10 should do it.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please paste the screen shots of ESS/MSS application(s) showing the chips which has to be removed.