Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman 7.1 CRM Web UI - Changing fields/Adding fields etc

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all

I've been using Solman 7.0 for many years and have managed ChaRM (functionally) with all configuration, screen variants etc.

I'm very new to CRM Web Client UI and I have the requirement to update fields and add new fields.  Two examples below:

1. SMCR (Change Request) has been copied to ZMCR. By default, Change Manager and Change Advisory Board appears as roles in Web UI. I want to remove Change Advisory Board so it doesn't appear. I want to rename Change Manager to Approver. I have already created a partner function called Approver and added this to the Partner Determination Procedure against ZMCR.

Any assistance would be appreciated!!

2. My second example is adding a new field. We managed our incidents (i.e. service desk) in a non-sap system. Therefore I want a field so I can add the Incident number from our Incident Management System. I will call this Incident ID.  How do I create a new field and assign it to the transaction?

Thanks so much!!!!!! 

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

You have two workarounds. You can continue to use Change Manager as Approver by changing the soft title of Change Manager to Approver in the CRM Web UI. This is by far easiest workaround.

Another option is to use Z Partner function in the Web UI, I would say, This is little tricky.

For the first option pls follow below guidlines

1. Enable Configuration Mode in CRM UI

2. Now Go to a Change Request and switch to Edit mode using that little spanner.

3. Modify the Title of Change Manager to Approver. Also Delete the Change Advisory Board field.

Query 2: In a similar way, look for any available field to reuse as Incident ID.

Regards,

Vivek

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jagadish - I will take some time to read through some of the articles in the link you provided.

Thanks Vivek - this was MOST helpful!!!!!    I just have one more question. I tried to remove the Change Advisory Board field and I got the below error:

"Standard configuration cannot be deleted in a customer system"

Therefore I stopped immediately before making any changes. If making changes like this, do I somehow need to create a Z-version of the Component?  Or a Z-version of the View?  It seems like this is the only way to remove fields.

Also, lets say I did change SAP standard (i.e. changed the wording of a field), is there any way that my changes would be lost if we upgraded to a later support pack etc?

If you could provide information on this you would be an absolute legend

Thanks

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

Before do anything press copy button in Configuration toolbar. System will automatically insert all Z* values and after that perform your changes / save all.

About upgrade yes if you change standard this will be overwritten after upgrade.

Rg Dan

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

Whenever you are doing above configuration don't modify standard delivered Business Roles like SOLMANPRO etc

rather copy them into Z*

thus all the configuration which you will do will be in custom Roles ..can check my blogs for screenshots or steps etc

Quick Tip : Customizing Business Role in Solution Manager 7.1 ITSM Part 1

Quick Tip : Customizing Business Role in Solution Manager 7.1 ITSM Part 2

Quick Tip : Customizing Business Role in Solution Manager 7.1 ITSM Part 3(Changing Workcenter Sequen...

As Dan already mentioned if you are modifying standard definitely it wil be overwritten during upgrade

hope this helps

Regards

Prakhar

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, always copy the configuration to customer config namespace as shown below;

Regards,

Vivek

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar, thank you so much for the links...they were VERY USEFUL!

I have completed all the steps in your links and have now setup ZSOLMANPRO Business Role. I have changed the logo text and can see this is now showing in CRM Web Client

Only thing is, when I click on "Request Change Request" it doesn't give any transaction types (i.e. doesn't show SMCR or ZMCR).

If I switch back to SOLMANPRO, it shows both SMCR and ZMCR when I click on this link.

How do I assign transaction types to my custom Business Role???

Thanks
Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek / Dan / Prakhar

I have copied the configuration and made a few changes, for example:

AIC_CMCD_H   AICCMCDHEADEREF  <DEFAULT> <DEFAULT> AIC_OB_CMCD SMTM

has been copied to

AIC_CMCD_H  AICCMCDHEADEREF  <ZSOLMANPRO> CUAICDocumentMH AIC_OB_CMCD ZMTM

It looks exactly how I want. But how do I select this??

I can view my changes via the "spanner" and select my configuration. But how do I apply this for my object type ZMTM (Defect Correction)??? As you can see in below image it always defaults to SMTM configuration and I want the page to default to ZMTM.

Also, when I click on the big spanner, my config doesn't appear (but it does on little spanner). Any idea why?

Thanks
Shaun

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, sorry for multiple posts, but I see my above issue was in relation to "ZMTM". When I changed my configuration from ZMTM to SMTM (see screenshot below), it worked.

My new config is now recognised on the page (I am using Business Role ZSOLMANPRO).

However, I'm still confused because the transaction type I'm using is DEFINITELY ZMTM. I even changed the Status of ZMTM from NEW to DRAFT and it definitely shows in CRM Web Client. So why then do I have to input SMTM in configuration (above screenshot) when I'm using ZMTM?  This is what has me confused.

Thanks again everyone!!!!!!!!

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

This is a lack of customizing, try to

SM30 table name AGS_WORK_CUSTOM

Enter values

UIC_PROC_TYPE_SPECIFIC_## AIC_CMCD_H/AICCMCDOverview_ZMTM

UIC_PROC_TYPE_SPECIFIC_## AIC_CMCD_H/AICCMCDHeaderEF_ZMTM

## is number f.e. 01,02 make it different like this

UIC_PROC_TYPE_SPECIFIC_01 AIC_CMCD_H/AICCMCDOverview_ZMTM

UIC_PROC_TYPE_SPECIFIC_02 AIC_CMCD_H/AICCMCDHeaderEF_ZMTM

After this launch SM_CRM again and check configuration

Rg Dan

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dan

I made the changes you suggested and this did not make any difference. As you can see, when I create a new ZMTM (Defect Correction), the configuration defaults to my custom configuration SMTM:

However, everything is working exactly as I want as it's still ZMTM which I'm creating in CRM Web Client. I'm just really confused why I'm creating ZMTM but the Configuration needs to be SMTM?

Cheers
Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think its a bug...need to rise OSS for this.

Rg Dan

bjorn-henrik_zink
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you try to "Switch to Unique Config" in the "View Configuration" (little spanner), that did the trick for me. I had exact the same problem that you describe in this thread. If you want different configuration for "Display" and "Edit" mode then make sure that you do the changes in both 😉

Here is the official SAP description for the different modes: Form Views - UI Configuration Tool - SAP Library

Cheers

Björn-Henrik

BorisMilosevic
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the same problem like you . how you fixed your problem with putting SMTM instead of  ZMTM?

Opening OSS helped or you found the way out by yourself?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ..

You can have a look at http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/CRM/CRM+Web+Client+UI+Framework

Thanks,

Jagadish.