cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waste Selction criterion Rename MSDS / SDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question is

As you know it is not allowed to name an MSDS, MSDS if it is a Waste.Specification type is an way but it is not changeable after the first selction

So my question is is there an Standard property in SAP were i'm able to select if it is an Waste or not?

Example i Have an Waste which is changed during the Process to an recyclables.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Andreas

I do not understand your "problem".

a.) you are right; if you select a specification type and save you ca not change that; therefore it is important to select the right type

b.) you could use e.g. the substance nature to "specify" thatyo uare dealing with a "waste". On the top normally by using a standard property  to ssign a waste code to the REAL_SUB. E.g. you might use "Chemical Characteriation"

May be this helps

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph

my problem is that i need an kind of switch if the Characterisation of on product changes (from waste too recycling "wertstoff") this switch is needed too change the Header from Waste too Safety data sheet.

as far as i know there is no standard property or switch.

Hope that clarify's

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Andreas

you have a lot of options regarding that. E.g. the substance nature could be used. The WWI solution is "simple". You would check for a specific data record like this high level code:

If substance nature = SUB_POLY/SUB_NOPOLY ... print phrase X else if substance nature = Wastr print phrase Y

Simple and robust. You can do sue as well any VAI in a property to do it like that; the option of substance nature is "easy" and "simple" and luckily you can switch back (SUB_POLY = > WASTE => SUB_POLY) as often as needed.

C.B.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Andreas

on the top to the solution mentioned: may be you can use a data record (value assignment instance) in property "Characterization". Her you have one characteristic there you can maintain phrases as "Waste" or whatever kind of stuff. Other suitable properties exists as part of Standard property tree. You need "only" to specify that property which might male the most sense. The use of the substance nature is "simpler" as this is only "one click" and you can ignore e.g. usage etc.

C.B.