cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Service Orders in SAP CRM trigger Quotes?

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

The requirement is to trigger a quote from a service order in SAP CRM, I have the following queries

1)What configurations do I need to perform so that the quote gets triggered in SAP CRM as a follow up document to the service order.

2) Can the status profile in the service order control quote creation?

3) Apart from the item category settings(screen shot attached below) please advice if I need to maintain any other configurations

Kind Regards

Atul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Just to add a point here, automatic triggers are enabled through action profiles. you must set up an action profile and assign it to the service order. This action profile has to be linked with status (profile).

This way you can achieve the requirement.

Rgds

Hari

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iamvivekrk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Service Quotation is a follow-up document of the service order and yes it can be created, answers for your question #1,

Status profile is used to define the transaction types for the service quotation and this can be defined over here.

Configuration guide and useful link in this case,

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/CRM/Create+Status+Profile+in+SAP+CRM

https://help.sap.com/bp_crm70/BBLibrary/Documentation/C40_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

Cheers,

Vivek Raj Kumar M.

Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Quotes can be created from Service Order as a follow-up transaction.

You need to maintain the copy control settings and you can create Quotes using follow-up process.

The screenshot you have pasted, this is necessary to differentiate between quote and order in the Web UI logical links. You need this set for all item categories that are relevant for quote - so that when you click the "service Order Quotation" logical link in Web UI then your custom order quotation transaction types comes up.

Regards,

Siraj