cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leavers still visible in Org chart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are using SOVN version 2. Right now we having issue in org chart where we are still able to see people who are leavers in SAP. Ideally this should not happen. So can you please help how to resolve this issue. this is first time I am working in Nakisa, not sure where the problem can be or how to reslove it.

Is something to be checked in admin console or somewhere else. Please advise.

your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I am assuming OrgChart is implemented as staged solution in your company.

Which means, data is first loaded to database from SAP and then Nakisa application reads data from database.

I think extraction of data is not done for long time to the database. Hence you still see ex-employees on the position details.

If my assumption is right, I suggest run a extraction which will pull uptodate data to database and you will not see ex-employees in the OrgChart.

Thanks,

Hardeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hardeep,

You have atleast given a way for me move ahead. can you please guide me on how to extract data into data base? Iassume this is a basis activtiy.

Thanks

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hardeep,

I have checked in org chart, I can see employee how have joined recently i.e in Jan 2014 also. So I think there could be no issues with database refresh also, please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Abhi

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhi.

Take a look at the Admin Guide for 2.0 (p27 -28 by the looks of it) for the section on running and scheduling the extract/join/analytics.  This describes how to manually run it from AdminConsole and how to schedule it.

Checking the scheduling is one option to check when the extract job was last triggered.

Regards,

Stephen.

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am pretty sure that by standard in the 2.0 logic it failed to look at status on PA0000 and remove inactive employees.

As I said above, you would need to amend the standard join configuration logic.

Stephen

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhi.

I'd consider checking the creation dates against some of the tables or rows in your database to find out when the last update was carried out.  You might also want to check your scheduler (see above) and the cds.log file to see if there are any errors in the running of the job.

This will then help you understand if your data is out of date.

If it is not out of date and you are still seeing the leavers appearing then you probably need to check your extract configuration to see if they are not being filtered out for some reason.  Again see the AdminGuide for details on job configuration.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Your company is using 2.0 release of Nakisa which is old release. I am wondering how come this much big issue is noticed now, after long time?

And you just mentioned that you can see new joinees in the application which means these new joinees have replaced ex-employees on the position details. And your actual issue is that,

ex-employees are still showing int the app.I am little confused here.

I would suggest:

1. to compare data in nakisa app and your backend system.

e.g The ex-employee data you see in app, investigate same data on SAP backend. This must give you some clue.

2. change the holder information in your non-prod system, run extraction and see if the new info displays in the app.

Check with person responsible for running extraction, how to run it.

Thanks,

Hardeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen Burr wrote:

I am pretty sure that by standard in the 2.0 logic it failed to look at status on PA0000 and remove inactive employees.

As I said above, you would need to amend the standard join configuration logic.

Stephen

HI Stephen,

even I think that issue is with extraction logic itself.

We have seen one FM /Nakisa/OC/_POSITION_STRUCTURE but this FM is not available in our system as we are on 300_701.

Can you suggest any other FM where I can amend position logic.

Secondly, You have asked me amend standard join configuration logic, which join we are talking about here? some light to amend here can be help for to move ahead.

Thanks

Abi

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To enable people to help, please try to answer the questions ...

What version of OrgChart are you using?

You mentioned 2.0 in your first post but then refer to 300_701 AddOn later on.

Are you using it Staged or Live?

If staged, then my comment about the joinconfiguration stands. If live, then it is a different answer!

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Sorry, I just missed your reply.

yes, this is confusion to me as well. When I open Org chart application from portal it says 2.0 and when I go to admin console.and load that build it says Product version 3.0 and build no 3.0.89.1. I am not sure about this difference and which is correct version we are using.

I have seen build in admin console, I have coouple of queries:

1. I am not able to export the build. Even i click on Save and publish current build, it will not show Export button.

2. As suggested by you, i have seen the extractor configuration, table PA0000 is not there, no condition to fetch only active employee is there. Now question is, I am not able to add table and condition here, there is no add button.

Seconldy, where all I need to make changes except adding table (with condition) and table fields., where else I have to make changes.Do I have make changes in admin console or in xml. Since I am not able to export build how to make changes in xml.

Many Thanks stephen!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Stephen,

Just moved a bit on my previous stated issue:

1. I have to do changes in downloadschema.xml file. which is there on server. Am I correct?

2. Where else I need to make changes, except download schema file

3. I have got another issue in Pre-prod, where search itself is not working. Employee listing is not resulting any values? Org lisitng is showing org units but position and employee lisiting is not showing any results. Even I make any downloadschema, I can not test it unless this is working fine. can you please help

Many Thanks

Honey

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take a look at How to check your NOMS SOVN STVN VSN application version - ERP Human Capital Management - SCN Wiki.  STVN 2.0 has an app version number of 3.0.x.x.  So you are using STVN 2.0.  The other number is the internal version number of the app.

I came into VSN around the 3.0 time so my experience of earlier versions has been through support issues.  However looking at the STVN 2.0 admin guide it suggests that there is no export option (as in later versions).  Instead ...

"Each subfolder in the ‘Admin_Config’ folder represents a set of configurations (‘builds’). To back up a set of configurations, simply back up the subfolder."

The join statements are specified in the downloadSchema.xml file (shouldn't need to amend anywhere else for the extract process at least) so open the file and edit them in there - take a backup first of course .

With regards to the listings, I would suggest focussing on resolving your initial issue first and if in resolving this you do not also (as a consequence) resolve the listings issue, you then raise this under a new topic.  Doing this keeps the topics focussed and makes it easier for people to find information and similar issues in searches (rather than what they are after being buried as one of six different issues in a 200 post thread).

Regards,

Stephen.

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhi,

Are you using a Staged or Live build?

If it is version 2.0, I suspect it will be Staged.

In which case, you will need to be modifying the extraction logic.  If you are new to Nakisa I suggest engaging with a Nakisa directly or a partner organisation to assist you.

See: Partner Listing (from Nakisa's website)

Stephen