cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems configuring locations harmonisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are having some problems with data harmonisation related to the loading of master data.

We are trying to load location master data through the propagation step: /DDF/DS21 -> /DDF/DS31.

Below is a failed DTP request.

We've worked through some of the problems, but we don't think the settings are configured correctly in SPRO under "define object types".

The below object types were already present, but the BO classes etc weren't configured.

FDH_ATT_V

FDH_AUOM

FDH_CONV

FDH_HIER

FDH_LOC

FDH_PROD

FDH_WI

So to take the location one (FDH_LOC) as an example, we have configured it like so:

BO class: /DDF/CL_FDH_BO_LOC

database table: /DDF/FDH_LOC

BO attribute structure: /DDF/S_FDH_BO_LOC

enriched attribute structure: /DDF/S_FDH_BO_ENRICHED_LOC

ID of leading object: <initial>

object type of leading object: <initial>

then have configured this with Harm obj. = Yes

src object = Y

Harmonise = Y

ttribute for selecting attribute type: LOCATION_TYPE

Configured all of the others in a similar way and activated them all. It wasn't possible to have them there and inactive as this generated dumps

Then I think this is where the problem is:

Under "Define External Keys" we have both Harmonized and Source present, counter = 1 for both. What values should be present here for the default configuration for "key attribute"? The ones that defaulted in were "DATA_LOAD_ID" for both. I believe this was causing the error in the first screen shot - for obvious reasons.

I have changed it to some of the other attributes that come through with the file, but this generates a short dump due to an unassigned field symbol in method /DDF/CL_FDH_BO_OBJ -> CREATE_T_BY_ATTR_STRUC_FIELD at the below:

IF iv_source_field_relevant_ind EQ abap_false.

ls_comp_tab-name = <ls_field_name>-associated_field.

ELSE.

ls_comp_tab-name = <ls_field_name>-source_field.

ENDIF.

TRY.

ASSIGN COMPONENT ls_comp_tab-name

OF STRUCTURE is_sturctue TO <ls_field>.

lo_field_descr ?= cl_abap_typedescr=>describe_by_data( p_data = <ls_field> ).

CATCH cx_root.

ASSERT 1 = 0.

ENDTRY.

iv_source_field_relevant evaluates to false, but the ls_comp_tab-name is initial, so the following field symbol assignment fails with an error.

For the "key attribute" value, I was expecting the input help to provide the Location_ID field for the source as this is my unique identifier. Why doesn't it do this?

The SPRO help for this customising screen says the following:

"You define which attribute or combination of attributes is used as an external key that identifies records of the available object                          record types. You can use any attribute that is available in the BO structure.

For example, you define the attribute OBJECT_ID as being the only external key or you use a combination of attributes like OBJECT_ID and EXTERNAL_KEY.

Make sure that the external keys are unique. If a data delivery contains multiple object records with the same external key these records are considered as one."

But it wont let me enter "OBJECT_ID" as the "attribute key" for "source". It gives the following error when saving in SPRO:

Attribute OBJECT_ID of object type FDH_LOC is
not allowed as external key

Many thanks if anyone is able to provide any assistance.

Thanks

Neil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

please execute the customizing comparison report via transaction /DDF/FDH_COMP_CUST and clean up the errors, if they errors are reported.

If no errors are reported or the issue still occurs after the errors are resolved, please open a customer message on component CA-DDF-INT-HRM.

Regarding DATA_LOAD_ID:

The key attribute(s) defines the key of the e.g. source record. In your sample the DATA_LOAD_ID is the key. If you have a look at Mapping Instruction SAP_BW_HARMONIZE_LOCAL_RECORD

you will recognize that the DATA_LOAD_ID represents the Location ID. Hence the setup of your system is correct (to my knowledge....)

Kind regards,

Patrick Gross

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much Patrick, that was very helpful.

We checked the settings against client 000 and corrected the differences.

We also needed to define map the below to get it to work.

Finally, your image is from a mapping instruction set that is different to the default ones. Are you aware of any documentation regarding these different mapping sets?

Thanks again,

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil ,

We are having problem in setting up the harmonization  .The harmonization group has been assigned to DDA and the data till prorogation is loaded but the harmonization related process chains are not getting triggered .

We have not loaded the ECC master data yet .Is that mandatory ?

If possible please share the document regarding the harmonization setting .

Thanks in Advance .

Chandra

anna_linden
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chanrda,

the ERP Master Data is not mandatory for the harmonization.

For the harmonization settings details, please refer to the Implementation Guidance documents that we provided earlier to your group. For loading test data, you should be fine with the standard settings mentioned there...

Best Regards,

Anna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anna ,

Thanks for the reply.

Regards

Chandra

Answers (0)