cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are opendocument URL's within reports/documents handled during migration?

justin_molenaur2
Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a cross post from this post based on Tammy's suggestion.

How are opendocument = statements are typically handled during migration of documents? For example, in DEV, the URL for the target document is going something different from what it will be needed in QA to build the opendocument URL. To keep the conversation specific, I am thinking about the Design Studio use case, where the URL may be encoded in scripting or a button.

Does this require any manual changes to documents directly in the target system to "remap" to opendocument URL's or is there some migration tool? I would see this similar to connection aliasing, where on migration, the apps simply point at a generic connection like "HANA", but underneath in DEV/QA/PROD the actual connection hosts are different.

Regards,

Justin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Justin,

you can use relative OpenDocument URL's in order to avoid manual remappings.

In Design Studio for example with a button containing a script like this:
APPLICATION.openNewWindow("/BOE/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?sIDType=CUID&iDocID=123");

Best regards,

Victor

justin_molenaur2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Perfect, exactly what I was looking for.

Many thanks,

Justin

justin_molenaur2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Gabriel, one further question. Relative mapping works fine, but the assumption is that the docid's will remain the same once migrated, is this correct?

Newbie question - are mostly all BO documents transportable, ie keep their docid's consistent in each system per above? I am concerned with Explorer, Webi, an Design Studio mostly.

Regards,

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

CUID's will remain constant after transporting, no need to worry about that. Just make sure that you use in the links the CUID and not the ID (which in turn will change after transport).

Not sure if Information spaces are transportable in all situations though.

Best regards,

Victor

justin_molenaur2
Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess I don't understand the difference on CUID and ID, what I planned on using was the link provided in Launchpad when you right click and choose "Document Link", it looks like it provides a DocID with type CUID.

Can you elaborate on the transportability of Explorer Information Spaces?

Regards,

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you take the Link from "Document Link" you are using the CUID and therefore you are on the safe side of the road. Just as an example, a CUID will look like Aek5Akivrj9EhSI.ZPl6eyY while an ID will look like 54612. I am not sure about information spaces, so hopefully someone else can comment on that.

Best regards,

Victor

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

I have question regarding APPLICATION.OpenNewWindow with a WEBI URL. In my client they done want to upgrade from IE 8 so we are using Google Chrome to launch the dashboard.

For Detail report in WEBI I am using the Open Document URL and google chrome has issue with Drag and Drop in WEBI reports. Is there any way to force the APPLICATION.OpenNewWindow in IE8 browser instead of opening in google chrome

Thanks

Arun

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think there is a shortcut for you as far as your requirement is being concerned. You are required to do it manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am an Electrical Engineer, passed out in 2013. I would love to work on SAP, and make my career in it. I want to know what kind of different modules are available in SAP. Which one of it, can be most beneficial for me. How should i start, how long is the course duration, its fees, what kind of job profiles are there, how can i find a job in it.

Can anyone....anyone, please tell me from the basics, about making a career in SAP, it would be much helpful for me.

Thanks & Regards,

Suraj Rathod