cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report data (<value ...> tag) missing in the Webi report retrieved through RestFul Webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying the below URL to get the WEBi report from SAP BO using the Rest Webservice support that is now available.

http://{serverIP:serverPort}/biprws/raylight/v1/documents/{documentId}

I am able to get the report but as I compare the same report response when using SAOP Webservice, there seems to be a mismatch in the response. Here is what I see in the SOAP response:

</td><td c="1" ><cell  ref="1.E.4t" bid="14" h="26" w="231" pad="6,7" sid="-10"><ct >Some arbitrary value</ct><value type="xs:string">Some arbitrary value</value></cell>

But when I run it through REST, I am missing the <value ..> tag:

</td><td c="1" ><cell  ref="1.E.4t" bid="14" h="26" w="231" pad="6,7" bt="1" sid="-10"><ct >Some arbitrary value</ct></cell>

------------------

Apart from this right at the start of the xml response, I see some property mismatch as well.

SOAP has this property extra:

<property name="output.format.xml.valuemode">yes</property>

While REST has these property extra:

<property name="output.format.xml.option.style">1</property>

<property name="output.format.xml.styledict.fontplatform">html</property>

<property name="output.format.xml.td.bandinfo">yes</property>

<property name="source.selected">data</property>

<property name="xelement.xml.object">yes</property>

<property name="xelement.xml.object.usemap">yes</property>

<property name="xelement.xml.object.usersupportedformat">image/png</property>

I am not sure if:

1. the <value ...> tag miss is because of these missing/extra properties or
  2. current REST support has some issues

For my application the value tag is a must and I can't do without this, but with REST it seems no way to obtain that.

Any help or pointer(s) in this regard is appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Terry_Penner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Milind,

According to our Product Owner Sam Polichouk, the solution should be available for you in 4.1 SP3, which is currently scheduled for release by the end of March 2014 (subject to change).  The product team recommends that you get the raw, unformatted data values from within the Dataset specific call.  This data contains a type to tell the end user what kind of data it is, so you can format it or use it properly.

The updated documentation for the SDK will be available at SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1 – SAP Help Portal Page once the Support Pack is publicly released.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Terry,

Thanks for the reply on this!

Ok so it looks like we will have to wait till the release is available. And our assumption that the current released version doesn't have the support for this was kind of right.

Appreciate your reply and hope to have the 4.1 SP3 available soon so we can proceed on this further. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

Is is available yet? I tried to see the portal page but couldn't get to download the 4.1 SP3 pdfs mentioned there. My same SAP site credentails doesn't seem to take as it pops up the access pop-up every time I try to download them.

Just wanted to check if 4.1SP3 is now available?

Terry_Penner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Milind,

4.1 SP3 is now available for download from support.sap.com.  I can see the help file for the 4.1 SP3 SDKs at the Analytics Knowledge Center  (filter on "Business Intelligence Platform")

- Terry

Answers (0)