cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with tableview (column names)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Last week, our systems were down because of a maintenance. Today, when I've started testing things, one particular thing does not work:

In a BSP there is a tableview with some columns. The user changes the values available in some of these columns (through listboxes).

When saving the changes, the values are missing.

By debugging, I've seen that class CL_HTMLB_EVENT_TABLEVIEW has an attribute "AllColumnNames" with the different column names. It is supposed to be a table, with a line for each column name. Currently, it has a single line with the names separated by '/': "NAME1/NAME2/NAME3.....".

So, our code does not get properly the column names and so, the column values, and the values are lost.

I've continued debugging and I've seen that in IF_HTMLB_DATA~RESTORE_FROM_REQUEST, the code has been changed (by SAP), this is the current code snippet that causes the error:

CONCATENATE id '_AllColumnNames' INTO name.

value = request->get_form_field( name ).

IF value CS ':'.

SPLIT value AT '/' INTO TABLE me->allcolumnnames.

ELSE.

SPLIT value AT '/' INTO TABLE me->allcolumnnames.

ENDIF.

In our case, the value does not contain the character ':', so it goes to the "else" part, and does not split anything, as it doesn't find the string '/'.

I've checked the iterator that defines the columns and they are defined as a TABLEVIEWCONTROLTAB (there is no '/' or ':' there).

I've made a dummy test by adding a final column to my table with ':' as name and then the data is not lost but it doesn't seem as a suitable option for me.

Why does the standard code expect to find ':' in the column names? And if it doesn't find it, why should the column names separated by '/'?

Many thanks,

Victor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Victor,

What's the actual SAP_BASIS version ?

Please check following SAPNote:

1677029 - 1- HTMLB-Tableview-column is not aggregated

Regards,

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian,

Current SAP BASIS release is 731 (support package SAPKB73109).

In the Productive system, where the BSP works as it supposed, the support package is SAPKB73107.

It doesn't seem like that note is strictly related with the problem I'm having but even so, it can't be implemented.

Any idea?

Thank you very much,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try SAPNote 0001930894.