cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding "Position" as Object Type in solar02 End User Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to add "Position" as an Object type in solar02 under tab "End User Roles"

could any expert kindly advise on how to create "Position" as an object type under "End User Roles" tab. I am wondering why position is not an option already!

because in PPOMA_CRM or PPO1 I can create a Position. All I can see are Organizational Unit, Job, User but no position! Why is this missing? Looking forward for help.

I already checked this post http://scn.sap.com/people/andreas.diebold/blog/2007/02/13/extend-sap-solution-manager-to-manage-new-... but maybe I am missing out this requirement

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

just add the corresponding entry with transaction SM30 in view V_SAROLECUST and you're done. I wonder why this is not documented in IMG.

Kind Regards

Andreas

0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I am not sure why I cannot add comment to your blog post. ,

I understood that we will be able to add new types for Development, Transaction, or Configuration tab. But can I do the same implementation for End User Roles tab? Using any enhancement or BADI?

I have a requirement to add new types (similar to Ranjith above) on End User Role Tabs, lets say 'XRoles'. In component of project structure I have list of 'SAP Job Roles' which will contains list of composite role that I maintain under that node.

However, when I click that XRoles type, I will be able to get search help (list) of composite role that I maintain under 'SAP Job Roles' node (this one will be custom search help).

I could achieved similar functionality on Development tab (SA_TYPES_ON_DEV_TAB_xxxxx), but is not successful for End User Roles tab.

I tried for BADI_SA_OBJECT_TYPE_ACTIVATION implementation, but no luck, since I figure out, it is mainly for Configuration or Transaction tab.

Could you please help advise?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Dondi.

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dondi,

the only way to extend the role tab is table V_SAROLECUST. There are 98 standard role types available in the value help for the object type. If you do not find anything there that meets your requirements, just add your own object type with the transaction OOOT. But don't ask me how to do this. I am no expert in HR Org Modelling .

Kind Regards

Andreas

Answers (0)