cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does material create with Scheduling Agreement require PIR maintenance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter and all,

May I know the following queries:

1. IF there is still a need to create to maintain a Purchasing Information Records (PIR) for material records which are going to be created/maintained in the Scheduling Agreement?
  2. IF PIR is still require, may I know during source list creation, I should insert two lines (i.e. Vendor of the PIR and Scheduling Agreement) into the source list and flag the Scehduling agreement as the "Fixed" source?

Thanks,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PIR is the master data which will help you to default the price and tax conditions and other required fields automatically in SA.

If you want you can maintain the same in SA while creating in ME31L.

Source list is required to work with a FIX vendor if have multiple vendors maintained in source list for same plant for different procurement.

while handling with SA , if need JIT release then you need to have a SA document number maintained in source list ME01 with MRP indicator as "2".

Let me know if need any more info on the same.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you do not purchase without schedule agreement, then you do not need an info record.

And the fixed source  indicator is only considered in manual source assignment.

If you want MRP to select the right source, then you need to set the MRP indicator in the source list, the fixed source indicator is not considered in MRP run

Matthias038
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

you don't really need the PIR for the scheduling agreement.

Depending on the process the PIR and the source list as well can help you very much to run a smooth process. For that some prerequisits are needed like:

- purchasing from one vendor only (by material)

- purchasing for the same price

using the source listMRP-indicator helps you with adjustments of the schedule-lines and so on. Ask your business if it would help them.

Thanks

Matthias