cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data clean for master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've got a lots of obsolete material master, some are used for kinds of orders and some are never used (just created by mistake).

The functional consultant has set "mark for deletion" for those master data to prevent from being used again.

The problem is when end user create orders, they still can select those master data, when the process the order, they are told this master data is not useable. Our end user ask to make those master data disappear when they select.

Master data archiving is highly depend on application data archiving, we do not want to archive 10+ objects to delete just one kind of master data. Is there a simple a way to make the master data  disappear when end user select it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no there is no simple way.

if they were never in use, then you can archive right away.

if they are used in data, then this data has to be archived first, that is just the way it is.

you cannot expect to get the goods from ebay before you have won the bid.Everything has its logical order, just deleting data leaves inconsistencies in your system and I guess this is a bigger issue.

I actually would ask what is wrong that your users use materials that is marked for deletion.

Did you create duplicates and they do not know which one to use? Did you delete the wrong materials, materials that are still in stock and have still demand from the market?

The match codes can be amended (new match code, or making use of the user exit in the search helps) to hide materials that are marked for deletion.

Set the material and sales status to restrict the usage, see my blog:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jürgen

Thanks for quick response.

"The match codes can be amended (new match code, or making use of the user exit in the search helps) to hide materials that are marked for deletion."

This is the way I'am looking for...

I am quite sure there are many place where end user can user F4(match codes) for material. Is this solution requires to change them one by one? Or all material mater share the same search help?

For example, in Tcode VA01, the F1 technical information for material field:

Table: RV45A

Field: MABNR

Data Element: MATNR

In MB53,

Table: MARA

Field: MATNR

Data Element: MATNR

The search options is not the same...pls advise.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the search help is MAT1, and this has numerous included search helps (where some of them have as well further included search helps)

Go SE11, set radio button to search help and enter MAT1

Alternative and direct entry to this is via transaction OMSH

We usually add the deletion indicator to the search helps, so that users are still able to decide if they want see all, or only undeleted, or only deleted materials in their search result