cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

READ_ONLY_PERSONAL_PROFILE

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

We have been working with hress_a_benefits_enrollment and are passing the parameter READ_ONLY_PERSONAL_PROFILE=X but it doesn't seem to do anything.

The relevant portion of our URL is

/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hress_a_benefits_enrollment?BEN_EVENT=OPEN&system_alias=SAP_ECC_HumanResources

&COUNTRYGROUPING=10&AGR_DOCUMENT_OBJECT=HRESS_BENF_TERMS_CONDITIONS

&READ_ONLY_PERSONAL_PROFILE=X&sap-wd-configid=ZHRESS_AC_BENEFITS_ENROLLMENT

&sap-accessibility=

For fun I also tried &READ_ONLY_PERSONAL_PROFILE='X'

We've tried adding through our application configuration as well as just manually appending it to the URL.

Regardless the edit button is still available and we can edit the personal profile from the benefits enrollment application.

I looked for a note but found nothing.

Has anyone been successful at getting this parameter to work?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried setting it in the launchpad? You can set a breakpoint in the method IF_FPM_PARAMETER~SET_VALUE of class CL_FPM_PARAMETER to see whether the parameter ever makes it to Floorplan Manager. Since it is the personal profile you are interested in, place a breakpoint in method IF_FPM_GUIBB~INITIALIZE of class CL_HRESS_PER_OVERVIEW. That is where the parameter READ_ONLY_PERSONAL_PROFILE is set. If it's value is not 'X' even if it is set as 'X' to FPM, you should create a customer incident to SAP support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I think I know what is going on here. The parameter influences only whether the personal profile will be displayed in read-only mode in the roadmap step or not. If you want to get rid of the Edit Personal Profile button in the toolbar, edit the Toolbar Schema of the Component Configuration. The description and tooltip indicate Edit but the event is misleadingly DISPLAY_PER_PROFILE. If you want to change it to Display, edit the description and tooltip and also change the Icon from Edit to Display. Finally edit the Launchpad ESS / MENU / BEN_PERSONAL_PROFILE to include the parameter READ_ONLY_PERSONAL_PROFILE = 'X'.

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Samuli,

Perhaps I am not understanding what the parameter does in the first place.

On the 1st step of the enrollment process, you see the Personal Information step.  This is an overview screen and is always read only.  The only way to edit this is to click the button Edit Personal Profile, which then takes you to the detail screen which has the pencil icon to go into change mode.

The documentation states:

READ_ONLY_PERSONAL_PROFILE

Use this parameter to maintain the information in the Personal Profile and Dependents and Beneficiaries steps of the Enrollment guided activity to display in read-only mode. This parameter must be set to “X”.

Valid values:

• X = Read-only Personal Profile step
  • <SPACE>=Edit button appears in the Personal Profile and Dependents and Beneficiaries steps

This would indicate to me that if you add this parameter and set to X that the Edit button would disappear.  The default would be <SPACE> which should be the same as not adding the parameter at all, which should make the button appear.

I can certainly go into the configuration and simply remove the button.  But I am curious as isn't the parameter supposed to do the same thing?  If not, what exactly does the paramter do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue here is that SAP has implemented that parameter for the first step of the roadmap, not for the navigation that you can trigger from the toolbar. The overview screen is always in read-only mode because of the parameter, it is set in the Application Configuration. You can change it and see how the edit icon (pencil) will appear also in the overview screen. Coming back to the navigation that you can trigger from the toolbar, it is generic and defined in the Launchpad. As the Launchpad configuration doesn't have any application parameters set nor does it reference a WD Application Configuration having the parameter set, the Personal Profile will be editable. You might see it as an bug, I see it as an oversight on SAP's part. You might want to create a customer incident to SAP support to get their take on the issue. Last time I reported a bug in the Benefits Enrollment application and requested a one line bug fix for it, it took SAP 3 months to provide a fix so don't hold your breath. Meanwhile, I gave you the solution how to fix it yourself.

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Samuli,

Thanks so much for your reply and explanation.  That clears things up for me.  I currently have several "incidents" open with SAP and you are correct, it takes some time.

Your solution is a good one, I just wanted to understand the parameter more, which you have helped me with and is much appreciated.

Please see my response to Siddharth below regarding the "hiding" of the button.  I wanted to hide rather than delete the button in case we ever wanted to utilize it at a later date, but it appears that even the FPM configuration tool while "presenting" an option to control the visibility of the button, it doesn't appear to actually work.

This seems similar to the "oversight" on the parameter.

This enrollment piece has been out since Ehp6, yet so much still seems untested or broke or overlooked.  Is this normal?

I feel like I've been turned into a "ramp up" client who is just trying to utilize something that's been released for a while now....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure you can hide the button, I just did in my development system. Edit the correct Component Configuration, standard one is HRESS_CC_BENF_ENR_GAF which you have probably copied to a Z one. Notice that there are 2 variants in the configuration, 99 (generic) and 10 (USA). See attached screenshots.

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Samuli,

Thank you for being such a valuable resource.  You caught me on this one.  I had noticed once the other day that I was editing the wrong variant, and that was the case here with the button.

Thanks so much for catching my error.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Let me explain briefly on how it was made, But yes it ll editable, you cant avoid with this parameter

This 'Personal Profile' screen is nothing but the 'HRESS_AC_PERSDATA' application which has 3 sections:

1.) Personal data section 2.) Addresses section 3.) Benefits Medical information section

So when you set the application parameter READ_ONLY_PROFILE_WITH_DETAILS to 'X' in 'HRESS_AC_PERSDATA' all of these three will be in non-editable mode.

Since your requirement is to make 'Personal data' alone as read only you can do the following customizing:

Just go to view V_T7XSSPERSUBTY and in the 'Edit Settings' box you will see a checkbox 'Data must be displayed as Read-only'.

Set this check box for the respective country grouping and Infotype 0002.When you do like this only the Personal data section will be read only. there is another parameter as well READ_ONLY_PROFILE_WITH_DETAILS

check the note as data was not refreshed 1926925 - READ_ONLY_PERSONAL_PROFILE in ESS Benefit Enrollment WDA

The reason was this as it was developed this way and fixed with the note above. Just to give a brief background **************************************************************************************************************** We had delivered the enrollment application configuration by setting READ_ONLY_PERSONAL_PROFILE=X. We have delivered the application this way for a purpose. When we set READ_ONLY_PERSONAL_PROFILE='X' it means that it is not possible to navigate to the edit screens of the personal profile application or to the edit screen of the dependents/Beneficiary details. The reason why direct navigation to the detail screens is not provided is that the Benefits enrollment application is built on GAF type of Floorplan. But the persinfo detailed screens have been built on OVP type of floorplan. The navigation from GAF to OVP is not supported by FPM framework. That is the reason why we have not made it possible to allow direct navigation from Benefits enrollment screen to the detailed screens in the standard delivery. Instead we have provided the 'Edit Personal Profile' button and the 'Edit Dependents and Beneficiaries' button to  achieve the same functionality. When you click on any of these buttons the appropriate launch pad instance will be triggered and you will be taken to a new session. The new session will contain the overview page of 'Personal profile' or 'Dependents and Beneficiaries'. From here you can navigate to the detail screens. Since the changes are done and saved in a different session it will not be reflected immediately in the Open enrollment screens. You have to refresh it to see the changes. This is a known technical limitation. Even if you use the blank option for the 'READ_ONLY_PERSONAL_PROFILE' parameter and create custom configurations and set the editable check box in the feeder class parameters, you will only get the edit icons to appear. For the edit icon to function properly you need to configure the wire schema and mention which is the target UIBB where you want to navigate from this source. **********************************************************************************************************************************

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Siddharth,

That's a great explanation, but the end result would seem to be that the parmeter doesn't do anything.  That's ok.  I understand why it doesn't based on your explanation.  I can move on.

I don't want to make this data read only in all instances.  When an employee is going into the PERSINFO application, they should be allowed to change it.  We just didn't want them to be able to edit it in the ENROLLMENT application.  That being said, I notice within FPM configuration that this button can be hidden instead of deleted:

However, when I set it to "Is Not Visible" as indicated in the screenshot, the button is not hidden:

I've included the technical details in the screen shot to show that it is reading our Z config where we've set the button to not be visible.

Is this something that also will not work or is this a bug?

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

just to understand can you check using READ_ONLY_PROFILE_WITH_DETAILS to 'X' , this will make it read only in benefits application, you need to enter in application parameters ! So this will work. with this view V_T7XSSPERSUBTY and in the 'Edit Settings' box you will see a checkbox 'Data must be displayed as Read-only'. it should make all read only , which you apparently don't want I hope I m able to clarify.

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Siddharth,

I have tried adding the parameter READ_ONLY_PROFILE_WITH_DETAILS and I tried it with both X and <space>, it doesn't appear to do anything either.

Perhaps this parameter is similar to the other one and would fall under the same "oversight" explanation that Samuli had provided above.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

its possible, Cause of the toolbar, but anyhow where did you set this parameter? Is the parameter 'READ_ONLY_PROFILE_WITH_DETAILS' set 'X' in 'HRESS_AC_PERSDATA anyhow what happens if you set in table V_T7XSSPERSUBTY ? read only does it still show edit icon? Yes this should be fixed, Let me check further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

Good question, this parameter is especially for personal profile, to make it read only, mostly this parameter would not be valid in another profiles.

So this might not work for benefits app.

Regards

Yugandhar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/employee-self-service/blog/2013/05/06/making-ess-personal-profi...

Hi Roger,

Check out the above blog from "Chris Paine". Looks like the SAP Note: 1769653 did the trick for him.

Thanks!

Karthik Kumaaravel.

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Karthik,

I saw this note, but did not think it was relevant as it was referring to the pernr being locked and not whether the personal information was actually read only.  I did go back and look into this note further to be sure but it appears it is not relevant for our system anyway.

It is relevant to SAPK-60711INEAHRRXX and we are at SAPK-60720INEAHRRXX.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi roger ,

chk below

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Malyadri,

I would like to use the SAP provided parameter to accomplish this and not a BAdi.  The SAP provided parameter would appear according to the documentation to provide the exact functionality we are looking for however, the parameter seems to have no effect.  I am curious as to whether anyone has had any success using the parameter as provided by SAP.

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Sahir,

Actually we are on EhP7.