Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Jam Integration with Cloud For Customer error

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are integrating SAP Jam with Cloud for Customer tenant. We have followed the instructions that are mentioned in 1311 guide for SAP Jam integration.

But right now we are getting an error on SAP FEED work center and Account View.

Error that we are getting is as follows:

You are not authorized to access /c/C0000209652T.com/widget/v1/feed?wid=1&auth=single_use_token&skin=gr&faces=true&type=follows&num_items=30&avatar=true&live_update=true&mobile=false&post_mode=inline&reply_mode=inline&single_use_token=&locale=en

Kindly help us understand the mistake or step that we might have skipped.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandan Bankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Srivatsava for your inputs. We had configured Cloud tenant to integrate with SAP JAM successfully. But yet we were getting issue because of not supporting browser.

I was getting the unauthorized issue was due to wrong Internet Explorer version. This integration is working fine with IE 9. SAP has also recommended to use IE 10.

Regarding IE9, with the latest release of SAP solution in which they have rolled out an html5 based platform, due to the poor support of HTML5,  IE8  does no longer make sense.

IE 11 is pretty recent - Microsoft released it last year, and by now it might not be fully compliant with SAP solution. So in case of IE11 issues so far, SAP has troubleshoot as far as possible, but may recommend a ‘safe fall-back’ to IE 9 or 10.

Also note that this is also not working on Mozilla and Chrome.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandan Bankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. I was aware of it. That's is why, I made a point in my blog to use IE.

Anyways, now that your query is solved, can you please flag this thread answered?

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

True Srivatsava. Even I was following your all guidelines mentioned in the blog as well as this post. I was using Internet Explorer 8 where it didn't work. As mentioned earlier, recommended IE versions are 9 and 10. Latest IE 11 is also giving the same error. Please do add this point in your blog too.

Marking this post as answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've referenced this thread already in my blog as additional information. So, all your experiments are part of my blog.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry to invoke this old thread but I just want you to know my recent observations.

It seems like JAM Mashup is working with HTML5 version of C4C even in other browsers. Did you check?

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Srivatsava, for the update. I will check this and let you know. As of now our organization has not activated HTML5 mode since we are working on an integration scenario too.

Regards,

Chandan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

See if this helps..

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srivatsava,

I verified the configuration that is maintained in the link that you gave. I am now using the proper Company ID in the configurations on Cloud For Customer. Yet I dont see any change in the error.

Kindly help me understand what at all things I have to check to solve this authentication error.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically, if you have access to jam_feed_widget using your jam id, then you should be able to see the same in C4C as well. But, if you get this error, then my first guess is whatever you are using as a key_identifier (UserID or EmailID or something else) is not being recognized by JAM server!

So, I wanna ask you specifically about one step if you've implemented it or not. i.e, about Step 13 from my document.

Did you set value for Allowed Assertion Scope as described in the document?

And which browser are you using?

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I have set the value as Allowed Assertion Scope in the Step 13 mentioned in your document. Could you please elaborate more on what you said about key_identifier?

But, if you get this error, then my first guess is whatever you are using as a key_identifier (UserID or EmailID or something else) is not being recognized by JAM server!

I was using Chrome earlier but now I am using IE 8 since here I can see this error. In chrome it is neither showing any error nor the expected result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My example in the document deals with User ID as key_identifier.

ie., we need a unique key which is common to both servers so that we can identify accounts. This is done through assertion attribute exchange.

For eg, if I have an account with userID vatsav in C4C, then I must have an account with same userID in JAM (or vice versa) provided I set UserID for "Account Name Origin" in Step 10.

Doing this way, I am telling JAM that I am using UserID as an assertion attribute which identifies both my accounts in C4c and JAM without any problem. When you login into C4C using vatsav as UserID, it automatically searches feeds for same userID in JAM and displays them in Mashup.

It's a big concept actually. Implementation's already done by SAP.

Hope, I am clear.

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for explaining in detail. This clarifies the working of this integration.

I have used "UserID" for "Account Name Origin". On SAP Jam we have changed the User ID to Administration01 to match the User ID on SAP Cloud For Customer tenant. Saying this I hope I am following required pre-requisites for integration.

Looking into documentation that you shared I will we are not going wrong on C4C configurations but I am not sure if there is any thing missing on SAP Jam. We are right now not able to create new ID on it. For now we had changed the initial ID that was provided to Administration01 to match C4C Administration ID.

Kindly put some light on this part too so that I can see if something is wrong or missing on that part.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you get your JAM instance? Most probably, part of SuccessFactors instance? Is it so?

Case is important. You can't have lowercase UserID's in C4C. In the same way, you will have to maintain userID in JAM all in uppercase!

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes We have got the JAM Instance with SuccessFactors Instance.

As per your suggestion, I tried changing the ID to ADMINISTRATION01 in JAM. I am still getting the authentication error. Also when I click JAM Link on the upper right corner on Cloud tenant, it is opening the JAM page Get Login Instructions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

JAM has two different fields UserID and Username. Not sure which one is in effect here.

Where did you change this field? Must be in your SFSF? Then, it will not get reflected in your JAM immediately. Both SFSF and JAM are two different systems integrated with a nightly data sync!

If you got your JAM instance as a part of SFSF, then you will have to create users in your SFSF so that they will be replicated in your JAM instance in a nightly sync!

Make sure the new users are made Active and permission are set in such a way to allow JAM Access. Let's try with a new user to avoid confusions.

So, create one user in SFSF today and wait till it get reflected in your JAM instance. We will then have perfect scenario to test.

I hope you are from INDIA. Isn't it late for bed?

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have already imported 4 Users that exists in C4C in SF (couple of which have UserID in Uppercase) and there status seems to be active in SF. This is done way back. But I don't know how this would be shown up in SAP Jam?

Do we need to do anything so that these users could show up in JAM? Could you please tell me what exactly you mean when you say these 2 systems are "nightly" sync?

Kindly guide me to know this.

Yeah I am from India and its time for bed but was waiting since I am getting some valuable help to understand this complete scenario and hoping that our discussion could put some light on what exactly is missing or incorrect.

I am indeed getting some valuable help. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

For eg., if your SFSF/JAM server is residing in INDIA and if you imported users this morning, then they will be reflected in your JAM at the end of the day which is night. A sync call happens once in a day sending all the user data from SFSF to JAM. You will have to wait till then! It all depends upon location of your server. So, you can sleep tight for the day. We can talk about this tomorrow.

User Status change may flow once in every hour I guess but not the rest of the user data.

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But as I said I have already imported 4 users with same user ID as in C4C into SF. This was done at least couple or more of weeks before. So according to what you say, we must see this in SAP Jam so where would we see this? And how are we going to use it?

These users are Active on SF. And how are we gonna set this permission for JAM Access?

Former Member
0 Kudos

JAM Access can be granted in Manage Security under SFSF AdminTools.

And then, Users in JAM can be viewed under Admin page.

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sri,

As per your instructions, I have granted Permission for JAM. But I am not able to see these Users under Users on JAM Admin. Would this take nightly sync to transfer the Users to JAM?

Regards,

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

For more than 90% of user changes, YES

So, better to wait.

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So by the time we get these Users in JAM, do we have anything that we can do as pre-requisites or may be some other tasks or verification so that we can utilize your valuable time.

Working of this is now getting bit clear to me. Could you add more to it? Or may be some documents that would help me understand more on JAM itself !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you did follow all the steps in my document, that is more than enough.

Seems like you focused on fully utilizing my time.

You can go through the Admin and User guide of JAM from SAP Help center. --> Link

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually I wanted to achieve this integration and is pending due to something that seems to me as unknown till now. Missing which I am stuck with this authorization error.

Moreover looking into your document, I got clarification on couple of confusions and now the configurations that we have done seems to be as per what you have mentioned. Yet this unauthorized error!!! This is making me feel uncomfortable. So trying to find out what else is missing.