cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio Chart issue - too much data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When creating a new chart component in the design studio, when I run it for huge data I get the following message as shown in picture 1. so I put  a filter on to restrict the data, the chart is now showing the values but the solid fill from before is still there as in picture 2.

please let me know if this is a known issue and a way this can be fixed.

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member206070
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

have the same problem. if u get the solution please intimate once

Regards,

Ravi

mik_its
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

have you tried the workaround I suggested above? This should trigger rerendering of the chart.

On the data source we added this to "On Result Set Changed":

CHART_SKU.showLoadingState();

CHART_SKU.hideLoadingState();

Regards,

Michael

former_member225306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue is fixed with SP02 DS 1.3.

Thanks,
Venkat

mik_its
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

We are on SP02 DS 1.3 and still had the issue.

Regards,

Michael

mik_its
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

I dont know if it is still relevant for you, but we had a semillar issue. My guess is that is a rendering issue.

In our case the following work around seemed to solve it:

On the data source we added this to "On Result Set Changed":

CHART_SKU.showLoadingState();

CHART_SKU.hideLoadingState();

Regards,

Michael

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Per the SAP Help at http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/AAD12/en/ds12SP01_user_en.pdf

Page 53

"Maximum Result Set

The result set has a fixed limit of 5000 rows or 50000 data cells. If either limit is exceeded, no data is

displayed."

So if your results exceed that, that is the cause of the error.

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

I understand the error when it happens the first time since the no of rows exceed the limit. But after the filter is applie, the no of rows in only 6 which are displayed in picture 2.

My question is why is the solid filling with the text "too much data" from when the filter is not applies still showing up on top of my results with 6 records in the chart.

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Can you try to add this at application-> on startup  and at on select property of your selector component :

Chart_1.setvisible(false);

DS_1.setfilter("dimension", CROSSTAB_1.getSelectedMember("dimension").internalKey);

Chart_1.setvisible(true);

I am assuming Chart_1 is the name of your chart, DS_1 is the ds of your chart and crosstab_1 is your component which filters your chart on select.

Regards,

Onur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Onur,

Thanks for the input.

crosstab_1 is not my compoent for filter it this case. There is a dimensionfilter_1 which i am using for filter on the chart_1. I am not able to use the statement

DS_1.setfilter("dimension", CROSSTAB_1.getSelectedMember("dimension").internalKey);

Also, I tried using the code you gave by creating the crosstab and apply the filer from the cross rab. Still the issue is there.

Thanks

Krishna