cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BusinessObjects 4.1 Sp2 Client Tool setup Installer will not Start

0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

Have installed BOE 4.1 sp2 server platform on a virtual machine running on Windows Server 2008 R2.  When I  tried to install the Client tools,   I execute the setup.exe program, it launches the run, when I click on  runs, nothing comes up.

Any suggestion I will really appreciate it.

Thanks 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, I was able to resolved this issues by copying the extract folder to my local director and extract it and launched the installer from the extract folder and it work.

That mean you need to extract it from your physical server you are doing the installation.

Thanks a lot guys. Really appreciate your suggestions.

JohnClark
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Oh, I remember that now.  It has to do with the loooooooong folder paths that Business Objects insists on using.  I was able to shorten mine up where I could still run the package from a LAN location.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Try to right click on the exe and "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR"

Check application / system event log for clues to why the setup.exe is not launching

JohnClark
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Toby may have the right idea about the "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" right.  I was able to successfully install the client tools on a Windows Server 2012 box.

JohnClark
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The Client Tools for BI 4.1 are not supported on the server.  You will need to find another place to install them.  Crystal Reports 2013 and Crystal Reports for Enterprise can be installed on the server however.

0 Kudos

Thanks John for your quick response,  BI 4.1 sp2 worked on my staging environment.

0 Kudos

Hi John, do you have any documentation or note to support this. Thanks

JohnClark
Active Participant
0 Kudos

OK.  I think I may have misled you.  We tried installing BI4.0 on SQL Server 2012 and that didn't work (not supported according to the Supported Platforms documentation).  I just looked at the Supported Platforms document for BI4.1 and it shows the Client Tools should be supported on Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 and Server 2012.

I'll try installing them and let you know.  We would like to have them on the server also.