Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discontinaution Data on BOM

former_member187061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody please explain what is the connection between Disconinued data on material master MRP4 view and on BOM and is it necessary to set up both.I know how to setup for MRP4 view but need to know how to set up for BOM.please setup with very simple example.

Kind Regards,

Ibrahim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim,

Yes its necessary to maintain discontinue data at material master and at BOM.

1. For the dicontinue material in Material master -MRP 4 view maintain discontin indicator as 1, Effective date and Follow up material
  2. In BOM of the Parent Material include the follow up material with item category as L
  3. For the discontinue material in BOM - Go to BOM item data and click on Discontinue data. Pop will be displayed. Maintain discontinue group as 01.
  4. Also for the follow up material in BOM- Go to BOM item data and click on Discontinue data. Pop will be displayed. Maintain follow up as 01.

When MRP is run for the parent material system will not generate any requirement for the discontinue material with the effective date mentioned in material master though requirements exists.

When order is created for the parent material then in order componenet overview for discontinue material requirement qty will be displayed as ZERO and for folllow up material actual requirement qty will be displayed.

If dicontinue data is maintained in Material Master and not maintained in BOM, MRP will not plan but in order, requirement qty will be displayed in order componenet overview as per BOM qty. Hope the difference is clear.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri

former_member187061
Participant
0 Kudos

Ramagiri

Thanks to everybody,I know there are lot of materials out there but I wanted something which could have satisfied my urgent need and I must say the way our Expert Mr Ramagiri explained is apreciable, specially if somebody is trying to cope up with basics to understand the processes.

Thanks to everybody once again.

Kind Regards,

Ibrahim

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim,

Please refer the help link from dogboy. You have to maintain the main material in bom as well,the new material which will replace the main material. And the setting in bom has to be made in new material. Hence the date which you will maintain, from that new material will be effective.

Regards,

Krishnendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ibrahim,

Did you review SAP Help on this question?  Was there something in this that was not clear?

Discontinuation - BOMs (PP-BD-BOM) - SAP Library

Best Regards,

DB49