Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get SOAP header information

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In our synchronous scenario SOAP <-> SAP PI <-> ABAP proxy, I face a problem reading the SOAP header from the incoming message.

PI version used is 7.11

This is how the incoming SOAP header looks like

What I need is the content of field UserId.

Already tried a lot and also ticked this option in the sender SOAP adapter: Do Not User SOAP Envelope.

If I do that, I get an error saying premature end of file.

Any lead is welcome.

Thanks a lot!

Dimitri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Have you tried to set a technical name in the ASMA attributes (Configuring the Sender SOAP Adapter (SAP Library - SAP NetWeaver Exchange Infrastructure) and later take this variable with the dynamic configuration during the mapping?

I havent tried it, it's only an idea.

Regards.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I indeed tried that and that works fine.

But I wanted to try to avoid using the Dynamic Configuration and use a separate field (UserId in my screen shot).

Also, can you confirm the SOAP header in my screen shot is not the HTTP header, but the actual SOAP header?

Thank you.

Dimitri

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

isn't it just possible to read the UserId part instead of e.g PerofmanceHeader or DynamicConfiguration?

Thanks

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Tell me one thing, when u enable "Do not use soap envelope" (obviously u have to adjust ur endpoint URL also) did u see user id under soap header in PI?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I did that and indeed, I changed the URL to use nosoap=true

That works fine, but in that case I need to change my message structure because the SOAP header ends up in the payload.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think it's a HTTP header, so did u tried using Variable Transport Binding option and using DC read the content of user id (never tried it but seems it can be done)?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

As far as I know, there is no standard solution for your requirement. One workaround would be, you can request source system to send this user id information in DynamicConfiguration header instead of their own UserId header and then you can read this information either in mapping or adapter module.

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti