Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports MSI has changed since it was publised

former_member362208
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Here is the error message I'm getting on a particular install:

Setup has detected that the file 'C:\Users\allisonp\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDF9F8.tmp\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_6.msi' has changed since it was initially published.

I have found this message on the SAP site but for the very first release of version 13. The solution referred to Windows 7 SP!, which the machine I'm trying to install on has.

The machine is new, (I don't know the manufacture) but 64 bit Win 7 with SP1. Our application is using 13.0.6 and we've experience no issues with any other installs. I'm reluctant to move to 13.0.8 b/c of the install requirements, most of our install base will have to have their "Admins" come in and install the new version of software.

I've attached the install file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds to me like you are trying to do a clickonce install(?). And the whole point of clickonce is that is there is a new update, the clickonce detects this and attempts to install the updated files. As I see it, you have two choices:

1) Do not use clickonce

2) Your clickonce points to the SAP download, which is updated to SP 8. If you must use clickonce, do it so that it points to your own location (some server somewhere) where you can control the version of the clickonce.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

former_member362208
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Ludek

Thank you for the quick response. You are correct, it is a click once application. And you are correct that our clickonce application "points" to SAP for Crystal Reports installation.

Let me provide some more insight since we have been working on solve this on our end as well.

We did get the install to work. We asked the system administrator to login into the machine and try to install the click once application into their windows account. It worked. Crystal Reports 13.0.6 installed just fine.

This lead us to believe there is an issue with the User trying to login to the machine. It turns our that the user was given local administration rights. However, for some reason this is not working properly. We don't know why. When we checked the "Administration" group on the computer her domain login was added to the "Administration" group.

At the very least we have a work around when this issue shows up. My question to you is in the product.xml file there is an option to block the installation if the user is not an admin.

<!-- Block install if user does not have admin privileges -->

<FailIf Property="AdminUser" Compare="ValueEqualTo" Value="false" String="AdminRequired"/>

Do you think the clickonce application would have installed for the User in question if we comment out this line? In other words, don't fail if the user is not an Admin?

Regards,

Aditya