SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity balancing - Dunning by collection strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have one more question on this capacity balancing

Here is the scenario - I have collection activity X and I have collection department DEP1, DEP2, DEP3, DEP4 and DEP5.

I have configured FPCMCAP (capacity balancing as follows)

Activity        Collection dept   upper limit

X                 DEP1                       5

X                 DEP2                      15

X                 DEP3                      10

X                 DEP4                      35

X                 DEP5                      20

Now my question is how capacity balancing would know which account goes to which department? Because in all the cases dunning will hit same activity. Only the associated department is different.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

For activity X you have org structure and responsibilities set up such that a customer or other attribute dictates that it is assigned to various departments (although i would really expect this scenario to be done by unit not department).

Example Activity X (Call customer) is allocated to department A if company code is 0001 and to department B if company code is B. 

In that way the same activity/collection step are allocated to different org units.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your information. But my question here is how do we decide based on perticular attribute account should go to Department/Unit DEP1 or DEP2 or DEP3 or DEP4 or DEP5?

For example - Based on the company code of the customer, I have to decide Department/Unit, then where do I write logic or do configuration that will tell system that if company code is 1900 it should go to Department/Unit DEP3.

0 Kudos

You are doing org structure with rules and responsibilities??? You cannot do any work item or capacity planning without that!

0 Kudos

Hi William,

We have defined org strucutre. But I don't know how to utilize that for capacity balancing purpose. Specifically for the scenario that I have mentioned in my previous reply.

Thank you so much for showing interest and answering my questions.

Thanks,

Suhas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

We have defined org strucutre. But I don't know how to utilize that for capacity balancing purpose. Specifically for the scenario that I have mentioned in my previous reply.

Thank you so much for showing interest and answering my questions.

Thanks,

Suhas.

0 Kudos

How have you made use of your org structure?  How have you linked the org elements to the actions/results for collections?

0 Kudos

Finally I was able to figure out a way out of this. I am not sure if it the best one, but I customized event 2856.