cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reassigning Buckets in SAP PPM

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I don´t seem to be able to reassign created buckets in a portfolio and I am sure I have not been able to find the method because it can´t be that you have to delete them and recreate them in order to move them around.

Can someone please provide some light on this?

Thanks a lot.

George O

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can anyone provide feedback on this, please? Is it not possible doing it in another way than deleting and recreating and for it being obvious I´m not getting any response?

Thanks a lot.

George O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello George

Unfortuanately it is not possible to re-assign Buckets to different Portfolios or to reassign them within the same Portfolio in a standard way. Sad but true

Regards

Chatsworth

0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

It´s really helpful to get an answer and understand one is not overlooking at an existing functionality.

Regarding non standard ways, would this be a common development you and others would do in your projects? Creating a functionality that allows bucket reassignment, at least in a same portfolio. Otherwise, how is this dealt with?

Thanks a lot for your response!

George O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello George

We have considered and decided against making any change in this regard. We follow the stanndard process of:

1. Creating the new Bucket in the required location (hierarchy)

2. Moving Initiatives and Items to this new Bucket

3. Changing the old Bucket status to inactive

A longer term option could be to approcah SAP (via the customer survey/required fnctionality forum - I forget what this is called exactly) and to inquire about future possibility of functionality to move Buckets. This could work in a similar way as moving Initiaitives and Items to new Buckets. SAP may then consider this if enough people request this and if this is technically feasible

Regards,

C

0 Kudos

Thank you very much Chartsworth!

0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

Do you by any chance know how to reach out to the "customer survey/required functionality forum" you mentioned in your post? I would like to suggest this functionality for a future release.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

Can you point me in the direction where I can suggest this functionality. For me it seems very rigid/unflexible that it is not possible to move/reassign buckets in the Portfolio Structure.

If I need to move a bucket in my hierarchy, the suggestion is to create a new bucket, assign/move the existing Items of the old bucket to the new and then deactivate the old bucket.

Problem with this is that I can't name the new bucket the same as the old bucket (which of course I would need). So I really think this could/should be improved by SAP.

Br,

Morten.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George.

I would definately support this as I can't imagine why this functionality is not avaiable. We have a very deep structure and I'm about to change in the very top of this structure. This has major impact down the hierarchy and there is nothing I can do but to delete all of it and start all over creating them manually as I can't import with parents buckets either...

Hope this gets through.

Best,

Morten