Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sale return of Component of Fin Prod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xperts

I have a reqmnt.

I have sold a finished prod to a customer , e.g., 10 ink pens.During transportation ,  two pens' nip got broken.Customer did not return the full pens, however, they returned only the nips which i obviously a part of the pen.How to mapped this total Part-Return process in SAP.Plz suggest.

Rgds

Soumick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ,,very Good Morning

plz check this link ..

all the best

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Soumick,

After returning the 2 damaged nips, does the customer want you to supply 2 new nips?

Is your company selling nips separately too?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW Typewriter

After returning the 2 damaged nips, does the customer want you to supply 2 new nips? - YES

Is your company selling nips separately too? - NO

Rgds

Soumick

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumick,

There are two processes involved - getting the nips back to your company warehouse & transporting new 2 nips to the customer.

1. Sales cycle for 10 pens: Sales order > delivery > billing

2. Return of 2 nips: Return order > Return delivery, PGR (NO billing / credit memo to be done)

3. Sales / Transporting 2 nips: Sales order with 2 new nips, free of charge > delivery, PGI (NO billing or charges to the customer for these new nips)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Soumick,

Few points to consider -

1. Is a material master record created for nips?

If not, then user can not create a return or sales order for this material. (Are views: sales org 1, 2 , 3 maintained?)

2. In the return process, where do you want the damaged nips to be storage - Quality Inspection or Blocked stock. The corresponding movement type in the schedule line category shall determine this. OR else stock movement within the plant can also be done, after goods (damaged nips) enter the plant.

3. Please check / analyze, if RE credit memo is not created, what is the status of the delivery? is it processed or being processed?

4. In returns, Order reason can be used

5. When your company is transporting the new nips, do you want to charge for freight? or it is totally free?

6. In the original sale, 10 pens, does company want to document anything (2 nips damaged in transit?)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumick

Are you selling 10 pens as BOM Component  ( as parent+child component) ? or as a whole ?

If you are selling each part as a whole component without any parent and child you can return the whole component and create credit memo for it

any there is no return process for BOM in standard

Former Member
0 Kudos

No.Pens are Finished Products.NIPs are the components of pens.I am selling the Pen as a whole fin prod

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It means your NIBs are valuated, so you can create Return sales order with reference to Original sales order and change the material from PEN to NIB which will change the valuation according to material

receive the part using return delivery and give credit memo or create subsequent free of charge delivery only for NIB

hope it is clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please let me know, if I do not use Sales BOM , this solution will work.

Rgds