cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO for different EP URL's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have EP on 7.3 integrated with SRM & SPM.

Users from different countries access EP via different URL's like: http://abc.com.us, abc.com.af etc....

where af stands for Africa, us for Unites States etc...

SPM has different custom iViews for different countries (since each country recognize only abc.com.<country name> in its DNS).

This is mapped to the web dispatcher's public IP on every country's DNS.

In short, there is no "common" name on the different DNS's.

SPM works perfectly Ok.

The issue is with SRM.

SRM does not have custom iViews like SPM.

SRM reads the ITS hostname from the system object & builds its own URL's for Strategic Sourcing etc...& we can have just one name in the system object....like abc.com.ag.

Since that one name won't be recognized in the different countries, SSO for SRM links doesn't work ((

Adding a "common" system object name to all the worldwide DNS servers is a complete no no...so is adding local host file entries to users' PC's...

Is it possible to have custom iViews for SRM for Sourcing etc....

Having been tearing my hair big time on how to get this resolved...please do help advise

Even the most remote suggestion would be super welcome.....

Thanks a lot !

saba.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201257
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can consider using Dynamic System Resolution for your SRM scenario.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/49/cd194c31f22221e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

Also, using desktop filter IDs, you can have different roles assigned to different users based on the URL used to access portal. So, you could create copies of iviews for each country separately and assign them to different system aliases.

See this blog -

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trying not to over complicate things, can users from country XX always be assigned portal roles for country XX or do you also have to support road warriors? Do you mind the extra maintenance effort of having country specific portal roles?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton for the insightful replies, Samuli & Shanti...

Will desktop Id's handle different the FQDN's like in my case or is it just for different alias' ?

I'll try the Dynamic Resolution solution...looks promising...

Samuli, this is exactly how we handle SPM & it works great.

The problem is SRM has standard iViews like Strategic Sourcing...

When we click on this iView, a dynamic URL is "built" from the contents of the system object.

(Since SPM does not do this, we never saw any issues with SPM).

Since the system object can have only one ITS hostname, SRM iViews fail with an SSO prompt .

Can we build custom iViews for SRM too like we did for SPM ?...i.e. say convert Strategic Sourcing to a custom view & then have multiple country specific roles.....

Please advise...

Thanks a lot n happy Tuesday

saba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I understand. You can have several system objects for SRM, like SRM_US and SRM_UK. Then you can have one iView that uses system SRM_US and another one which uses SRM_UK. Then you would have one portal role for US that would use the iView (and system SRM_US) and another one for UK that would use the iView (and system SRM_UK). The only downside of it is that you will end up with many portal objects to maintain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Yes, this is exactly what I meant...& what we have in place for SPM.

The problem with SRM is everything is standard (roles, Portal iViews, objects etc.) & all point to SAP_SRM alias.

I'm not sure whether it would be feasible customizing everything in SRM...we have cFolders, ROS & EBP...hence, was wondering if someone's been in a similar situation with a backend solution like SRM...& if customizing has been a wise solution in the long run.....

We're looking into the Dynamic System Resolution too in the interim...

(Do forgive my novice Portal knowledge...m not an EP person )

Thanks a ton for the the lovely super quick replies

-S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even if you use Dynamic System Resolution you will run into the problem of having to copy portal content for different countries since all that Dynamic System Resolution does is assign the used system object during runtime, dynamically that is. You will still need portal content referencing each possible system object. Same with Filter ID. You can use it to dynamically decide what portal content to display but you will still need portal content for each country.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In order to cover all possibilities: what is your SRM version, including EHPs and SPs? Have you considered using the SAP SRM UI Add-On?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

We're on SRM 7 EhP2...SP 7.

EP is on NW 7.30 SP 7.

We raised this to SAP & received the following reply:

1. Create system objects with different aliases and maintain

hostnames respectively

Eg.: alias1 - abc.com.us

alias2 - abc.com.uk

alias3 - abc.com.eg

2. Now implement Dynamic system resolution so that based on portal

hostname, the corresponding system object will be used.

(Just to elaborate a little: abc.com.us:50000 = EP & abc.com.us:8000 = SRM where abc.com.* is the web dispatcher public name for different countries.

The system object for SRM in EP currently holds abc.com.ag:8000 for SRM where ag = parent company, leading to the SSO failure in different countries).

We don't have the Add on UI installed....can the UI be used for all SRM scenarios from EP for a case like ours ?

Thanks a lot for all the help...really appreciate it

saba.