cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone User Cannot Logon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to enable iPhone access to a certain user.  The user has already been granted with Iphone_Access global privilege.  But the user is still not able to login via mobile.  Username and password has been checked multiple times already.  Enabling iphone=debug in dynamic trace shows:

ERROR 2014-03-03 05:50:56,123 Asia/Shanghai [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_31] com.redwood.scheduler.iphone.servlet.IPhoneHandler - Error during login for user: USERNAME

com.redwood.scheduler.security.api.LoginException: Not logged in

"Not Logged In" is not much help on where the problem is.  Has anyone encountered this problem before?  Any leads?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerben,

I think i was able to determine the issue already.  Using the iphone=debug trace, I noticed that it shows the password in plain text.  In that trace file I can see that the password contains a special character "@" (at sign).  This is causing the login to fail.

I believe this uncovered 3 defects:

1. password are shown in plain text in the stdout of iphone=debug
  2. password with "@" sign are not properly handled
  3. newly created users that are logging in for the first time in iPhone (and has never logged on via PC web browser) will encounter issues which is revealed in the stdout file as:

Caused by: com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.NestedSAXParserException: Fatal Error: com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: XMLParser: Bad Attribute value: ' or " expected!(:main:, row:5, col:18)(:main:, row=5, col=18) -> com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: XMLParser: Bad Attribute value: ' or " expected!(:main:, row:5, col:18)

at com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:144)

at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:345)

at com.redwood.scheduler.security.api.LoginProvider.login(LoginProvider.java:450)

... 30 more

Do you happen to have a test system where you can also see if this is happening on your end?  I just want to isolate that this is version related.

Thank you!

Benson

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Benson,

Sorry to go for the obvious one immediately, but have you enabled iPhone access globally?

Go to Monitoring->iPhone access and check whether iPhone access is enabled (as it is disabled by default).

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerben,

Yes, it is enabled.  I have "Mobile access to this system is enabled.  Click here to disable it" there and also in the registry I have configuration > mobile > enable with value of true.

Benson