cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdaptiveProcessingServer - running with error, WebApplicationContainerServer - Failed

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I get below error in SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1 Support Pack 2

AdaptiveProcessingServer - running with error (Document recovery service - The service did not start)

and WebApplicationContainerServer - Failed (RESTful Web Service - The service did not start and Web Application Container Service - The service did not start)

Help me to analyze the issue.

I tried splitting APS to have separate document recovery service - still issue persists.

regards

kartik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jens_grotholtmann
Active Participant
0 Kudos

First try restarting the server via CMC, this may resolve the issue.

Second check the settings, maybe you try to use the same port, there is not enough RAM or something similar.

If this does not help, please provide some more detailed information about what you did. Is there some more information on the error when you look at the properties and metrics?

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, Jens

I have tried restarting the server, and adjusted the -Xmx Java Heap Size to 8g as recommended in SAP KBA 1694041 - no luck.

Couldn't find much information from the properties - it just say the service didn't start.

Tried to have separate APS for monitoring (document recovery and monitoring service) with -Xmx to 8g, i found a below log from trace

could not load dll 'TraceLog-4-0' because: null and C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\TraceLog-4-0.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform

I can only see metrics when the server is up and running. At this point, i couldn't see metrics

regards

kartik

jens_grotholtmann
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This points you to a missing file. Also i wounder if you have used the correct installation package for your platform. (See error-message)

Please check and maybe you have to reinstall your system. Make sure to backup everything and do not override your db during re-installation.

0 Kudos

Hi,

did you updated from a lower Version to 4.1 SP02 recently?

Please check:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1941985

If you dont have a "working environment" i recommend you repair your installation.

Regards

-Seb.

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your time, yes it's upgraded from 4.1 SP01.

Update: Solved the issue with WebApplicationContainerServer - Failed (RESTful Web Service - The service did not start and Web Application Container Service - The service did not start) by changing the system environment variable as per the SAP KBA 1821326.

Still hanging on the Document recovery service issue.

regards

kartik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a smilar issue when we upgrade system from BI4.0 SP 6 Patch 4 to Bi 4.1 SP2.

The below is not solved my problem.

1941985 - Adaptive Processing Server running with errors in BI 4.0/4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just upgraded a sandbox/test area from 4.0 SP 7 Patch 10 to 4.1 SP4 and am seeing this error now, too.

JRK - did you copy the lib dir from a working 4.0 environment or did you have another working 4.1 environment? or does that not matter based on whatever contents are in the java/lib directory?

Are there any other details on this issue... seems a little odd that this is the resolution.

thanks,

missy

0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a similar error after upgrading from BO 4.0 tto 4.1 SP4 .. the Connectivity service failed to start. I created a new server with just the Connectivity service and started it up with out issues... I then removed the connectivity service from the APS server that had the error and re-started.

So far no issues.

Ryan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

That is basically what I ended up doing... except I recreated the APS with all the same services and then just removed the APS that was 'running with errors'.  I eventually came across KBA 1949693 which pointed me in that direction... and yes, so far no issues.

-missy

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to BI Platform for faster response