cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petrol and Conveyance both under Tax Exemption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

Need Help regarding exemption configuration under the following circumstance.

My client has a system of paying conveyance allowance only to few employees, and petrol  allowance and conveyance allowance separately to  few of the employees.

Those who get only conveyance for them exemption takes place as configuration is done in v_t7int9

but for those who get split component of Petrol and Conveyance , for them both should be considered under exemption.

suppose an employee gets 250 petrol and 250 conveyance , then both these wage type need to be considered for exemption i.e 250 + 250  = 500 hence 500*12  exemption  should take place .

Please help me experts  how can i  go about this configuration.

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts

I am waiting for replies , for my issue ..plz its a imp requirment of my client... i dont hav any alternative except to confgure this requirement .. i need help !! plz advise

Thank you

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

still you are not getting the solution.

please close this thread and re-post with new thread and give your full details with screen shots. will see any one have any idea regarding this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth

Thanks for the suggestion... i shaal close this thread and reopen a new one thank you

Arun

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i could not attach more than three screen shots so i am attaching more in this reply

it has PCR i have written ,

Sikinder / Sujith plz chek it and let me kno if i am correct

Thank you

Sujith_EM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ADDWT *

ADDWT *

ADDWT 1028

ADDWT *

ADDWT 1028

and place before INCCO in schema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujith ,

Thank you for your reply .

well.. i re-designed the pcr .. but still i faced the same error in payroll  log ,

"No entry in table T7INT9 for key 100220130401" i tried to repair the error by adding 1002 in the required table .. dont know if it is correct to have TWO entries in that table for same tax code.

also,  when you said to add PCR before INCCO ,  does that mean above INCCO or below INCCO ?    , i have added it below INCCO

PFA the new PCR and the pay slip scr shots after rectifying the error .

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujith,

I Retried with the a PCR , which is as per your earlier reply

ADDWT *

ADDWT *

ADDWT 1028

ADDWT *

ADDWT 1028

and also in conveyance allowance grouping i changed the actual conveyance WT 1002  to  1028  in table V_T7INC9 .

now i am getting following result : screen shot attached

in the payslip , the 1002 and 1005 are adding up and coming in section 10 exemption .

but i need the exemption to come as per income tax , i.e 800 p.m .

need help !!

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

for petrol wage type has you assigned the monthly exemption 800 in the table v_t7int9 or not ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

Thank you for your response ..

well what i have done is , there is this Petrol allowance WT 1002 , Conveyance allowance WT 1005 and as per Sujith's Advise i have written PCR where in the values of the above mentioned WT 's will go into a third WT , so in the table u have asked me to check , i have given excemtion for this Third W.T 1028 . 

let me kno am i correct or wrong

Thank you

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes check with wt 1028

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth ,

Yes WT !028 is having excemption of 800 per month in the table ,

can we add the remaining two WT too in the table ?

Plz advise

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, try with remaining both also

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

I used all my three wage types in the table , now the output is showing no excemption at all .

Sec 10 is all balnk .

Regards

arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then remove the added two wage types and try

please share the screen shot once of all configurations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praaneeth ,

Thank you for your follow up on my issue ,

PFA the screen shots of my current configuaration in this regards

PCR where in i think the Petrol and Conveyance Amt is passed on to WT 1028 (this PCR was desigend as per Sujith's Advise ) and the WT 1028 is inseted in PE51 in  Section 10 excemtion

Schema Screen shot , where in i have inserted PCR ZCON under INCCO

Screen shot of table where i have included 1028 WT for monthly 800 excemption.

payroll output for the employee

Plz let me know if you need any other screen shot

Thank you

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Tyr like this in schema PNN1

PIT ZCON GEN NOAB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Well .. tried PIT ZCON GEN NOAB  , and the section 10 excemption is all blank ..  no value at all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

ok then delete GEN

your tax code is std SCNV, copy to custom tax code and assign to your wt 1028 and try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

I deleted the GEN form par 2 .

made custom Taxcode and assigned it to WT 1028 in table V_T7INT9 .

made no changes in schema .

output is same as earlie .

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

for wt 1028 have you give PC 71 as A for exemption ?

if so remove it and try. and revert back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth

sincerely appriciate your consistent follow up.

yes removed  A from  PRCL 71 .

no changes in output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

tell me one thing in the schema have you assigned the new tax code with wage type with function INCTX ?

like INCTX Z... 1028

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth ..

well yes i have done as u suggested

pfa screen shot of the same

At Line 410 you can INCTX

At Line 440 the custom PCR .

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

change the line 410 after the 440 why because your wt 1028 is coming from PCR - ZCON right.

before you assigned, it will not consider. change the try

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi praneeth,

sorry but can you tell me once again what changes need to be done as i did not get what you meant by "change line 410 after the 440 "  in your previous reply.

Thank you

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

write the inctx line after the PIT ZCON line and try once.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

Thanks for the confirmation on that suggestion.

plz chech if it is rite

well i have done as per you r sugesstion but stll there isnt any output as such

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth ,

I have updated the changes and have attached screen shot

Could you please suggest me further on how i can go about it ?

Thank you

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sikinder / Sujith

Thanks for guiding me in my issue,

As per your suggestion , i have worked out as much i can do but faced an error in payroll log screen shot of which is attached .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

i am re updating the query kindly help me out please ...

My client has a system of paying ONLY  conveyance allowance  to few employees, and for other employees both  petrol  allowance and conveyance allowance .

Those who get only conveyance for them exemption of 800 or minimum amount takes place as U/S 10 and configuration is done in v_t7int9.

My requirement is  :

those who get split component of Petrol and Conveyance , for them both should be considered under sec 10 exemption.

Example

1.suppose an employee gets 250 petrol and 250 conveyance , then both these wage type need to be considered for exemption i.e 250 + 250  = 500 hence 500*12  exemption  should take place .

2.and if an EE gets Conveyance 1001 and Petrol 500 , then only 800 should be excemped per month

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to write the PCR for this and compare those wage types with 800 AMT=XXX AMT+ZZZ AMT?800 * Exemption >AMT-800 ADDWT YYYY rest of 800 will get taxd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for type input Sikindar.

cud u plz gimme clear explanation on designing the PCR?

Besides: What if the employee has only conveyance and only petrol??

then how can this PCR function?

regards

Arun

Sujith_EM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun ,

Please do these steps

1. Remove tax code for your 2 wage types from table V_T7INT9.

2.Create a new wage type copied from conveyance allowance  and remove all  cumulations ( make sure it is not going for posting )

3. Assign this new wage type with tax code of conveyance .

4.Through a PCR add your conveyance and petrol in to the new wage type.

5.Insert your new PCR in subschema INN1 before function INCCO.

If you are using the same Tax code for more than one wage type that will not give you right output in SAP.

Regards

Sujith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You can take SAP Standard Wage Type M220....as reference.... in IT0008.... 

Suppose if you have defined wage types Say AAAA, BBBB in IT 00014... You need to maintain processing class & cumulation & Evaluation class same as defined in M220....

In addition to this .... Also maintain

Processing Class 71--A

Evaluation Class 7-- 01...

Try this.....

Regards,

Veeram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veeram ,

Thanks for that small but quite logical tip you gave me on the processing class .

but still i am not geting desired output

Regards

arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Also Check following...

Evaluation class 11 as 01,   5 as 02, 6 as 04

Cumulation class 24, 38, 18, 12, 1

Regards,

Veeram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veeram ,

I did check all the evaluation classes you mentioned

but my doubt would be that , the WT i have created is not a regular WT , it vl just carry , the other two WT i.e petrol and conveyance added value together in excemtion .

so should i go ahead for your suggestion ?

Thank you

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra / Experts

I have done some configuration as advised by you and after reading a thread recently

i have attached the screen shots here by,....

actually i have used already existing WT "Petrol Allowance" and assigned it the custom TAX Code and inserted it into my custom sub  scema PNN1 .

but in payroll , the system is only taking the orignal conveyance WT for excemtion and not Petrl allowance .

PLZ help

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to Add the second wage type also under the 1005 wage type. both are have tax code zcnv ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth ,

Thanks for the speedy reply

could you plz tell me where to add the second WT ? in Schema or in Table

Conveyance WT has standard WT SCNV Tax Code

Petrol allowance WT has ZCNV Tax code .

Now how to go about ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you two wage types

1002 conveyance scnv

1005 petrol zcnv (custom)

now custom is not working wright. delete the para 4 MCMX and try.

and you have to add that wt in pe51 in window 7

then it desplay in the salary statement.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth

I Tried deleting PARA 4 ....  still no results ..

My 1002 Conveyance is Rs 500

and Petrol allwnce is Rs 300  

but excemtion is 6000 for whole year .. it should have been 9600. the system should  add both together and give exemtion .

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in that case create one wage type and assign that WT for your wt's 1002 1003 in the schema in para3 and that wage type has to assign in your remuneration statement in windows tab in window 7.

example:

if you configure like this your 2 requirements will get solved.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

Thank you for your efforts

Please confirm me one clarification ,

i already have Two WT,  "Petrol" and" Conveyance"  these are  being used normally for all employees , in which Conveyance get excempted regularly ,

now i want Petrol WT also to be part of excemption , so i have  used Petrol WT in para 3 .  is this fine ?

secondly , do you mean the std conveyance WT which i am using , that also i should use under para 3 ?

besides , i did  not get what you mean , by , create one wagt type and assign that WT to 1002 and 1003 (please kindly xplain this )

please help

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

your conveyance is getting exemption with your configuration

1002 limit based monthly 800 scnv

1005 limit based monthly 800 zcnv

now you want add petrol to it and show in one line item as both total exemption.

in the schema ZNN1

inctx scnv 9950 a

inctx zcnv 9950 a

if you give like this, if only conv. exemption is there it will show only conv. exe. if both are there it will show both together. i think this only you want.

for this 9950 is the new wage type to store the exemption values and to show in the payslip statement in pe51 you have to add in the window 7.

try like this and check in both the cases.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Praneeth

Yes you have correctly understood my requirement .

now the only thing i would get stuck is with the  9950 WT you asking me to create , how to pass the values of both the WT into this 9950 ? if it is PCR , then i am all fresh n have no much knowldge to write logical PCR .. if you could help , that would be great .

Thank you

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

create new wt by copying mcax and assign that wt in the schema, no need of any pcr's.

check values will be like this:

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth ,

Well i think i have done all possible configurations as advised by you .. but still no results

firstly created WT called "conveyance excmption"  1028 in Basic pay (SPRO)

then checked all PRCL as per your screen shot ( but i think sum potion of it is missing of your screen shot of 512W_O ) and also i did not get that valuation basis part you have provided (plz help me in that)

assigned the WT in PE 51 Window 7 

assigned the WT in INCTX 

screen shot are below

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Create Tax code v_t7int7

2. Assign tax code to WT v_t7int9

1002    tax exemption is limit based     tax exemption is annually    amount    zcnv

1005    tax exemption is limit based     tax exemption is annually    amount    scnv

3. give proper amounts in the masters

4. IT 0582 with tax code exemption amount has to give.

5. create new wt and assign to schema  ZNN! in para 2 against your wage types.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth ,

Sincerely thank you for your repetitive efforts to help me out.

Well let me re put my screen shots of what i have done . as per your guide lines

1. 1. Create Tax code v_t7int7

2. Assign tax code to WT v_t7int9

3.give proper amounts in the masters

4 . IT 0582 with tax code exemption amount has to give.

sorry , in IT 0582 , there is no custom tax code i created .. (need help)

5. create new wt and assign to schema  ZNN! in para 2 against your wage types.

This i have pasted screen shot in my previous reply .

kindly help me further

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Table to create sub types for any Infotypes V_T591A give your all tax codes, zcnv, scnv

Pa30 IT0582 subtype go for F4 help list of Tax codes will appear, select your tax code, date and amount.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

Thank you for more inputs ,

I did try as you mentioned , and have maintained ZCNV and SCNV both in 0582 with respective amounts , but did not get what date to give for Date of origin so gave 01.04.2013 start date of financial year .

however i am getting the following output in payroll

by default , std conveyance excemtion of 500 * 12 is taking place and is show in form 16 summary

but my petrol allowance calculation of 300 * 12  is not there under sec 10 and also in form 16.

Besides , one more thing i wanted to ask .. how does system generate TDS when i have not given pan number at all to this EE ? i dont want system to generate TDS , when such is the situation.. please help

please advise

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

now please post all screen shots of your settings.

Wage types, IT 0008, 0582, Tax codes, V-T7int7,9 schemas... all then it is easy to give exact solution.

Thanks and Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth ,

Thank you for the reply ,

I am giving you all possiblle screen shots i have configured ,

1. basic pay IT 0008

2 . v_t7int7

Here i have copied SCNV std tax code and create ZCNV  ( hope no screen shot is needed )

3. V_T7int9

4. Schema .

5. IT 0582 created for ZCNV only

any other screen shot you need plz let me knw ..

Thank you

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you added that wt 1028 in the form PE51 in window 7 ?

Run the payroll for the April, '13 and paste the screen shot. and the paste the screen shot of log INCTX also.

your 1028 WT characteristics should be:

Processing class:

4 - 6, 5 - 9, 6 - 0, 10 - 0, 20 - 8, 30 -0, 31 - 0, 70 -0, 72 - 0, 76 - 1

Cumulation class:

only for 30 check mark

Regards,

Praneeth kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth ..

Yes i have added i in PE51 , one of my screen shot above is of PE51 also .

besides , i have run payroll and pasting the screen shot input and output of both std and custom tax code  of INCTX ..

thank you

arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you mean to say amount is not going to WT 1028.

in the both screen shots tax code ZCNV only there. can you give full screen shot of your payroll what you have run.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth ,

Well yes WT 1028 is not getting the added values of both conveyance and petrol WT's ,

you said you need full screen shot of payroll , could you please specify , what all you want me to give you , because the log will be really long , if you wanting that ,   or do you need the Payslip screen shot ?

Please let me know

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

April, 2013 for that employee pay slip. with form 16 data also

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

PFA screen shot of the paysilip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do one thing change the wage type 1028 to MCAX in the schema and in PE51 and rerun the payroll.

run the payroll for which month you give exemption in the IT 0582.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

I  really appreciate your consistent follow up and help for my issue ,

well i tried doing changes as you said , changed WT 1028 to MCAX in schema

changed it in PE51 , and rerun , but there isnt any changes , pay slip is same as i sent you earlier

besides , let me tell you i have maintained only custom taxcode in 582 i.e ZCNV , and date of origin i have given 01.04.2013  , hope its fine ?

Regards

arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try by giving both conveyance and petrol in the IT 0582. give values conveyance & petrol as 1000 /-

first delete the payroll run for the month of April, 2014. and run freshly then see if any changes had done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

Well tried changing the values of both WT to 1000 in IT 0008 , no results

again changed bac the schema with 1028 WT , this time tried giving Std Conveyance WT 1005 also in 0582 along with custom exemption

, when i run  payroll, it shows 1000 exemption apart form std 9600 exemption

i am not getting if system is taking 1000 excemtion which is std , why it is not taking custom one ?

Any  further updates praneeth ??  i know you have given your best support , but i feel there has to be a break for this issue

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exemption should happen in both the case

1.Conveyance

2.Conveyance +Petrol allowance.

right..?

For case 2 you need to add two wagetypes and need to pass to an custom WT through PCR and this WT need to be assigned with custom tax code and assignment to WT.

Create  custom tax codes and assign it to respective WTs keeping as yearly exemption.

Make use of V_T7INT7 and V_T7INT9 table and check whether it will show exemption or not.

regards,

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi narendra

Thanks for your response .

Well do you mean i need to have a PCR which includes adding conveyance and petrol values and the same to be passed on to another wage  type ?  if yes  then please help me with the PCR , as i am really not good at PCR's .

besides, when i do this , can i add theese two wage types for one grouping in v_t7int9  table ?

i mean suppose i have 1002 conveyance WT , and i have assigned this in the grouping table , and with the new wagetype that i will get from PCR , can i assign that too for the grouping ?

please help

Arun