Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXM300 ERROR

abhishek_singh29
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am getting an error now a day’s frequently in SAP CPS that EXM300. We are executing a job chain and at a particular step it's getting failed. And it's saying "EXM300BC-BATCH {>U,041} User & is currently carrying out".

Below is the complete scenario:

At step 4(say) we are executing 2 Mass activity & both is for Invoice. At copy templates job is executing successfully but when it's going to execute the Mass activity job then one mass activity is getting failed.

PS: Neither Dump has been created in SAP nor in System logs & I didn't found anything . Spool and logs says same thing. I have attached details in attachment.

By looking at error we can say that User is performing some/same action so it was getting failed But why it was not happened from last 3 years and it's not getting failed on daily but frequently. And we are not getting any error in testing enviroment.

If anyone has faced this issue or any idea on this, please advice.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Kind regards,

Abhishek Singh

Spool:

1. 25.02.2014                     Run a mass activity                             1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error:

E

XM

BC-BATCH {>U,041} User & is currently carrying out distribution into [INVO,A2,25

BC-BATCH

{>U,041}

User & is currently carrying out distribution into

[INVO,A2,25.02.2014,11BIPI]

Cps job logs:

215456 20140225 00 516 S Job started  0

215456 20140225 00 550 S Step 001 started (program /SCJS/MA_SCHEDULE, variant &0000000008269, user ID BC-BATCH)  0 001 /SCJS/MA_SCHEDULE &0000000008269 BC-BATCH   

215501 20140225 00 001 E EXM300BC-BATCH {>U,041} User & is currently carrying out  0 E XM 300 BC-BATCH {>U,041} User & is currently carrying out   

215501 20140225 00 564 A Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE  0 

Sap JOB LOGS:

Job started

Step 001 started (program /SCJS/MA_SCHEDULE, variant &0000000008269, user ID BC-BATCH

EXM300BC-BATCH {>U,041} User & is currently carrying out

Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE 

BC-BATCH—User name

BIPI- identification of mass activity.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My assumption is that the Mass Activity you are doing, is being done on the same user that is running the job and hence it throws an exception. Is there a way to confirm this?

Thanks

Nanda

abhishek_singh29
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

I am not sure about that. As EXM error is related to SAP so i have doubt on 2 points:

1. 1. 1. Is user BC-BATCH has been locked in between above time frame when 2 mass activity is triggered. - As other jobs was completing in that time so User can't be locked
  2. 2. 2. Is transaction EA26 was locked in between above time frame. – Well, On this function team advice that this is not possible (and if it will be the case then it should throw an error every day)

Please advice if i am wrong above.

It's look like a bug and we are going to raise it with SAP now.

Actually your i am working on your assumption, i am going to perform the test on this. Will update you.

Thanks a lots Nanda.

Kind Regards,

Abhishek Singh

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have mentioned that in Step 4 you are running two mass activity jobs.

1. Does that mean they are running parallel?
  2. Can you check the variants, that not both the jobs are trying to access the same tables or records at the same time?
  3. Does the error occur, if you run them sequentially? instead of parallel.

thanks

Nanda

abhishek_singh29
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

1. 1. Does that mean they are running parallel? -- Yes, they are running parallel.
  2. 2. Can you check the variants, that not both the jobs are trying to access the same tables or records at the same time? -- Yes, both are access same table at same time.
  3. 3. Does the error occur, if you run them sequentially? instead of parallel.-- I had raised the RFC ,today we are running sequentially. If it will run successfully then we will try for another one week.

But Before CPS, We are running this 2 jobs in parallel for couples of years and didn’t faced this type of issue. So I don’t think point 1 & 2 will create any issue. Secondly, we are running it from CPS from last 2 years and we haven't faced this issue.

And yesterday, it was run successfully in parallel. So we are not able to find out the root cause.

Regards,

Abhishek

Answers (0)