cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need workflow for Advanced Analysis for Office for Sizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in the process of sizing for BO solution .

Part of that exercise is to find out how much cpu and memory are required for AAO?

So i thought trace the AAO workflow and understand which BO services/servers it requires.

If anyone any idea about it workflow, please share.

Thanks,

Srikar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikar,

Analysis for office goes directly to SAP BW / SAP HANA for data retrieval, so there is no need to consider it as part of your sizing exercise.

There is a note though about client Hardware and Software requirements:

1466118 - Hardware & Software requirements for Advanced Analysis

The only exception here is the new scheduling capability of Analysis for Office in the BI Platform, in that case the Adaptive Job Server is used.

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciate your help Victor.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srikar,

You absolutely do need to make sure to include the number of users connecting with SAP Analysis for Office, so you may size your Web Tier appropriately.  The authentication to the BW backend is done over dswsbobje.   In my case, we've had to deploy six app servers to host dswsbobje to handle the extra sessions using dswsbobje (not only Analysis, but the other applications using dswsbobje for authentication)

-Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

One thing help me understand .  The 6 app servers you are referring to . .are they BOBJ web servers (Tomcat) ? And what is the total user account in your case?

Srikar