cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call dynamic SQL inside Calculation View

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created one catalog procedure with dynamic sql commands. Now i need to use the procedure inside sap ui5 so i need to place the dynamic sql inside the calculation or i need to call the created procedure inside view. I have tried with this call syntax.

Call procedurename(arguments,:var_out);

But i got dynamic sql can not be used inside calculation view error so can't able to call.

Is there anyway to use dynamic sql statements inside the .hdbprocedure or read only procedure?

Can anyone help me with this issue, to find out how to call the dynamic sql procedure inside calculation view. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujitha,

Calculation Views are "READ" only and hence you cannot consume dynamic sql procedure inside a calculation view.

You can set sqlscript_mode to UNSECURE to write a dynamic sql statements inside a .hdbprocedure.

Also have a look on this thread :

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I have removed reads sql data statement from the procedure but i got error like, i can only create read only procedure on this server.

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you set sqlscript_mode to UNSECURE ?

Only after doing that change you will be able to create.

0 Kudos

Did you mean to write procedure code sqlscript_mode unsecure or i need to change any window preferences mode

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sujitha,

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

0 Kudos

Thank you krishna

0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I have one query, Is there any drawbacks by setting the mode as sqlscript_mode as unsecure. Because currently i am in development if it is changed to Quality or others, will it change anything. May i know the security mode impact on HANA system.

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujitha,

This is the note from "Developer Guide":Page 318

Note

You can choose to create procedures in Read Write mode and make use of L- Lang and R-lang languages only if you have done the repository configuration for the field sqlscript_mode . Two values for sqlscript_mode field exist, DEFAULT, and UNSECURE. By default DEFAULT is assigned which means Read Only mode with non-modifiable access mode and SQLScript as language. To change the configuration, go to administration console -> Configuration tab -> indexserver.ini -> repository -> sqlscript_mode, and assign the required value

I don't see anyother "side-effects" . This setting change is only for to enable READ/WRITE for the procedure.

(PS: These are my Views)

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also don forget to close this "Thread" if you feel it is answered

Answers (0)